Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The "new" Spotify app is slow and sometimes shows a "Continue" button.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RNHurt

2020 MY, White, Black
Jul 29, 2020
Louisville, KY
My 2020 MX recently received the Spotify app update and while I like the new look and functionality, it does seem a bit broken. I don't know if it's just me but the app seems very slow to respond. Things like searching or changing to "Home" or browsing my library just seem to take forever.

And several times I've had the app just display a "Continue" button in the middle of the Spotify screen and the app seems to stop doing anything at all until I press that button. I'm not sure if that is a sign that Spotify is getting rebooting or broken or something but it's pretty annoying. This type of thing never happened with the "old" Spotify app.

Hopefully this is a software thing and it will get fixed in a future update. 🤞

• Love
Reactions: DJ Palmis
I find it a little slow in our "Classic" X as well. Model 3 (which has the same Atom infotainment CPU as the X) is fine, as is the Model S. Just something about the "classic" architecture slows it down ... it's slower in everything - firmware updates, etc. - than the Model 3 with the same CPU.

Reactions: RNHurt
I find it a little slow in our "Classic" X as well. Model 3 (which has the same Atom infotainment CPU as the X) is fine, as is the Model S. Just something about the "classic" architecture slows it down ... it's slower in everything - firmware updates, etc. - than the Model 3 with the same CPU.
Agreed! Everything just seems a bit slower in my 2020 MX than in my 2020 MY.

I performed the infotainment reboot and I'm not sure it helped, but it seems a bit better, maybe. 🤷‍♂️