Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apparently if you sit with the brake hold on long enough, the car goes into park.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm sitting on the highway watching a tow truck trying to flip an SUV back onto it's wheels, and just put the brake hold on. Well, apparently after several minutes, the car goes into park automatically. I'm not sure how long I've been sitting here. At least 5 minutes, probably closer to 10. I swear I learn something new about this car everyday. I'm getting pretty hungry, hopefully they let us move again soon.

So I'm sitting on the highway watching a tow truck trying to flip an SUV back onto it's wheels, and just put the brake hold on. Well, apparently after several minutes, the car goes into park automatically. I'm not sure how long I've been sitting here. At least 5 minutes, probably closer to 10. I swear I learn something new about this car everyday. I'm getting pretty hungry, hopefully they let us move again soon.
Looks like 10 minutes :
Note: After actively braking Model S for approximately ten minutes, Model S shifts into Park and Vehicle Hold cancels. Model S also shifts into Park if it detects that the driver has left the vehicle.