Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple music Login Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still happening just about every time I get in the car now. Considering cancelling apple music over it.
One thing I discovered, is that sometimes the car still registers the previous driver. In my case, my wife is the primary driver so when I get in, for some reason the car doesn't show my name on the display. When that happens, I'm not logged into my Apple Music account.

What's the fix?
I'm not sure other than to make sure your name is on the screen when you enter the vehicle. I've noticed that with the last couple of updates, my phone doesn't work as a key when I first walk up to the car. I have to manually open the Tesla app on my iPhone first, and then the door will unlock. The same thing has been happening to my wife.

Yes, I’ve noticed it as well. i feel like it happens more often when I launch Apple Music in an area that has poor cell service. I don’t notice it as much I open Apple Music immediately after entering th car, possibly when I’m still connected to my home Wi-Fi. Just down the road I have poor celll service, and that’s when I see the Apple login QR code more often if I launch the app then

Yes, I’ve noticed it as well. i feel like it happens more often when I launch Apple Music in an area that has poor cell service. I don’t notice it as much I open Apple Music immediately after entering th car, possibly when I’m still connected to my home Wi-Fi. Just down the road I have poor celll service, and that’s when I see the Apple login QR code more often if I launch the app then
I don't know if it has anything to do with the Easy Entry setup. I'm going to play around with the settings.

I'm not sure other than to make sure your name is on the screen when you enter the vehicle. I've noticed that with the last couple of updates, my phone doesn't work as a key when I first walk up to the car. I have to manually open the Tesla app on my iPhone first, and then the door will unlock. The same thing has been happening to my wife.
Same, its was good for a while. Now the phone key is bad again.

So, from what I just experienced adding my wife's profile and from what I'm reading here, is it really true that my Apple & Spotify subscription become unavailable to my wife when the car switches to HER profile?

I've not tested this yet, but when I get back to the car, it may not recognize MY phone key nor have kept me logged into MY music services when I select my profile?

If true, that's really f***ed up & VERY BAD engineering!

So, from what I just experienced adding my wife's profile and from what I'm reading here, is it really true that my Apple & Spotify subscription become unavailable to my wife when the car switches to HER profile?

I've not tested this yet, but when I get back to the car, it may not recognize MY phone key nor have kept me logged into MY music services when I select my profile?

If true, that's really f***ed up & VERY BAD engineering!
YEP. That's what I found. My wife hasn't registered for her free Apple music yet on her iPhone. I don't think she registered for her Tesla premium audio account either (or whatever they call the subscription for Tesla). So if she gets into the car before I do, the easy entry toggles to her and when I bring up Apple Music, there's no menu, just the registration thing. Then when I toggle the easy entry to my name, not only do the seats and mirrors move to my position, Apple Music comes up with my usual selections.

YEP. That's what I found. My wife hasn't registered for her free Apple music yet on her iPhone. I don't think she registered for her Tesla premium audio account either (or whatever they call the subscription for Tesla). So if she gets into the car before I do, the easy entry toggles to her and when I bring up Apple Music, there's no menu, just the registration thing. Then when I toggle the easy entry to my name, not only do the seats and mirrors move to my position, Apple Music comes up with my usual selections.