Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

apple music not on the app launcher

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not sure if i am the only one but i do not see the Apple Music app on the app launcher on my tesla M3.

I have subscriptions to both apple music and premium connectivity. I have updated to the latest version and the release note says i should have apple music.

I just dont see the app - i see other apps such as Spotify, Karaoke, Radio, etc.

Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this?

You need to select it as a source

See

Media Settings​

Note
The settings available vary depending on market region. Also, a setting may not be applicable to all audio sources.
Media settings icon
When displaying an audio source screen, press the settings icon located in the search bar to access audio settings.
You can adjust these settings:
  • Tone: Drag the sliders to adjust the subwoofer and any of the five frequency bands (Bass, Bass/Mid, Mid, Mid/Treble, and Treble). If equipped with premium audio, you can adjust the level of sound immersion to make your music experience more engaging by dragging the immersive sound slider according to your preferences.
  • Balance: Drag the center circle to the location in Model 3 where you want to focus the sound.
  • Options: Set preferences for optional features. For example, you can turn DJ Commentary, Explicit Content and Allow Mobile Control on or off.
  • Sources: Displays all available media sources and allows you to choose whether you want to show or hide each source. You may want to hide media sources that you never use. Once hidden, the media source does not appear on the drop down list in Media Player, nor will it appear in the app tray when you touch the App Launcher. You can re-display a hidden media source at any time by returning to this settings screen.

Reactions: hong8472
Upvote 0
You need to select it as a source

See

Media Settings​

Note
The settings available vary depending on market region. Also, a setting may not be applicable to all audio sources.
Media settings icon
When displaying an audio source screen, press the settings icon located in the search bar to access audio settings.
You can adjust these settings:
  • Tone: Drag the sliders to adjust the subwoofer and any of the five frequency bands (Bass, Bass/Mid, Mid, Mid/Treble, and Treble). If equipped with premium audio, you can adjust the level of sound immersion to make your music experience more engaging by dragging the immersive sound slider according to your preferences.
  • Balance: Drag the center circle to the location in Model 3 where you want to focus the sound.
  • Options: Set preferences for optional features. For example, you can turn DJ Commentary, Explicit Content and Allow Mobile Control on or off.
  • Sources: Displays all available media sources and allows you to choose whether you want to show or hide each source. You may want to hide media sources that you never use. Once hidden, the media source does not appear on the drop down list in Media Player, nor will it appear in the app tray when you touch the App Launcher. You can re-display a hidden media source at any time by returning to this settings screen.
You are absolutely right. I had to go into the source screen to activate Apple Music into the launcher. Thanks for the help. Thanks to you now I can listen to music while driving like a civilized person.

Upvote 0
You are absolutely right. I had to go into the source screen to activate Apple Music into the launcher. Thanks for the help. Thanks to you now I can listen to music while driving like a civilized person.
it might still drive you crazy
I related my story about Apple Music in the Australian system update thread
currently dealing with the odd behaviour of having an album in the screen with either songs missing or some songs greyed out
no info anywhere about this

Last edited:
Upvote 0