Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Music QR code not appearing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have this weird issue where I dont see Apple Music QR code show up properly in order to connect my account with the car ever since the initial holiday update. Yesterday I got 2022.44.30 update in the car and I still only see this. No QR code. I have 2017 Model X with MCU2. I have tried rebooting to no avail. Any idea what is going on?

Just a suggestion, I ran into a similar problem with Hulu in the car where I could not get the authentication to work properly.

I went into the web browser on the car and cleared all the cookies. This caused me to have to re-login to everything (Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, etc...) but it did clear up the issue. I suspect that Apple Music is also browser-based under the covers and perhaps you have an invalid cookie or credential file in the browser's cache.

Just a suggestion, I ran into a similar problem with Hulu in the car where I could not get the authentication to work properly.

I went into the web browser on the car and cleared all the cookies. This caused me to have to re-login to everything (Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, etc...) but it did clear up the issue. I suspect that Apple Music is also browser-based under the covers and perhaps you have an invalid cookie or credential file in the browser's cache.
Thanks for replying. I already tried this yesterday. Cleared up browser complete with cookies and bookmarks. It did not fix my Apple Music login issue 😔

I’m having a related(?) issue. I actually see the QR code, connect to my iPhone, appear to authorize the car to access my Apple Music, and it says the car app will restart and I’ll be good to go. But…. No restart. Tried it many times. Reset my Y. Reset my phone. No joy. Haven’t tried the clear cookies thing so I’ll see if that works.

Now on 2023.12.9. Still same issue as above.
Have you solved your problem? I'm a Chinese, and my version is 2022.40.x , a week ago,my apple music works well, but it fall in problem in recent days. No QR displayed for me to login. I called tesla , the sale told me to resize the tire in settings ,and the system will be initialized .but it does't work.

Have you solved your problem? I'm a Chinese, and my version is 2022.40.x , a week ago,my apple music works well, but it fall in problem in recent days. No QR displayed for me to login. I called tesla , the sale told me to resize the tire in settings ,and the system will be initialized .but it does't work.
I have not been able to fix this. Apple Music never worked for me