Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Working Toward Fully Autonomous Car With No Steering Wheel or Pedals, Aiming to Launch in 2025

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Minimum wage hasn't gone up in decades !

Ofcourse uber drivers might realize infact it is they who have been taken for a ride - and refuse to work for low pay. Time will tell.
If one day you get picked up by a driverless car service, it’s just as likely that it will be owned by an Uber driver. Who can now work around the clock to compensate for the low pay

If one day you get picked up by a driverless car service, it’s just as likely that it will be owned by an Uber driver. Who can now work around the clock to compensate for the low pay
When someone says Uber driver, they are talking about labor. It's someone getting paid for the work they do. Conversely, the owner of a driverless car is primarily an investor, getting paid for their capital.

When someone says Uber driver, they are talking about labor. It's someone getting paid for the work they do. Conversely, the owner of a driverless car is primarily an investor, getting paid for their capital.
When I think of Uber, I think owner driver. So if the car can work at night the drivers earnings are potentially doubled

No - it won't be. "Uber driver" offers labor - not capital. That money is going to a hedge fund manager buying his 4th luxury yacht. Your money now going to support that ex-uber driver.

Minimum wage hasn't gone up in decades !

Ofcourse uber drivers might realize infact it is they who have been taken for a ride - and refuse to work for low pay. Time will tell.
It's going up to $15/hr here on Jan 1st. Also, the US isn't the only country in the world.

So many self driving car companies that will undercut each other on price. UBER still has never made a profit but the CEO makes hundreds of million of dollars a year. Then use the selling of stock to pay back investors because the cars can't make any money
There is only one self-driving car company that's selling anything right now (and they're almost certainly losing money on every ride). You're quite the optimist!
I guess investors should find industries that will never have competition. :p
Uber's business is nothing like the the self-driving car business.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
It's going up to $15/hr here on Jan 1st. Also, the US isn't the only country in the world.
Well, we voted for min wage increase long before CA. But just wanted to note that the idea that labor costs outpace inflation is a myth.

So many self driving car companies that will undercut each other on price. UBER still has never made a profit but the CEO makes hundreds of million of dollars a year. Then use the selling of stock to pay back investors because the cars can't make any money

It is funny, isn’t it. The company doesn’t make money, drivers make below minimum wage after expenses but early investors and executives make a killing. It’s a pyramid scheme.

Well, we voted for min wage increase long before CA. But just wanted to note that the idea that labor costs outpace inflation is a myth.
You're right, real wages are about the same as they were 40 years ago (shows how out of touch I am!). Though the cost of labor has gone up due to increased benefit costs.
The continuous drop in the cost of compute and sensors, the other side of the equation, shows no sign of slowing.

You're right, real wages are about the same as they were 40 years ago (shows how out of touch I am!). Though the cost of labor has gone up due to increased benefit costs.
The continuous drop in the cost of compute and sensors, the other side of the equation, shows no sign of slowing.
True - though most of benefit cost increase is tied to healthcare. That makes it all the more surprising that corporate America is not solidly behind a single payer system.

Anyway, coming back to the topic a bit, since Uber offers no benefits, their cost of labor could only increase because of competitive pressures in the labor market.

"

Apple Working Toward Fully Autonomous Car With No Steering Wheel or Pedals, Aiming to Launch in 2025"​

Sure and I will be creating a new city on Mars in 2025. Now accepting bitcoin for reservations.
Bottom line, they may in fact do it, but I wait to see what they really deliver. :)

• Love
Reactions: T-Mom