Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Appoint Someone to take delivery ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I might be out by the time my M3 is ready for delivery. My question is if there is any way i can have my brother take the delivery for me (he is not on the registration) if so whats the process/ paperwork i need to do.

Location - California - for any state specific laws/forms

I'm having the same issue as well. I ordered 10/13, and they say it will arrive now in the last few days of December (initial estimate 2 weeks, then pushed to 6-8 weeks, will be more like 12).
I'm in Los Angeles.
Tesla dealer / delivery center is telling me it's not possible because the odometer disclosure form must be filled in personally and can't be done by a POA which doesn't make sense to me.. Still looking for info. Did you learn anything?

Tesla told me I could appoint power of attorney. Unless you are paying cash and not trading a car, in which case you just need to send them an email and let them know someone else will be picking up.
I'm believe you that someone might of said that but, it just doesn't sound right to me.

At delivery (not ahead of time) you need to sign the State registration forms. I can't see a friend without PoA being able to do that in any State.

But then again, I'm not a Lawyer, so I take it back :)