Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Approaching 1st 1000 Miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I work out of state and use Autopilot for nearly 80% of my commute... So far I've used my Model Y for Home Depot runs, driving around looking for a place to get a haircut, trips to Wegmans, taking the dogs on hikes, and letting the kids play with in car games.
  • I have a rear taillight full of condensation... I assume the seal was not properly set... Tesla is coming out this week to fix.
  • At highway speeds there tends to be a whistle around the driver side mirror... I assume from aero dynamic design... I've heard this sound before from other cars I've owned... but this seems more pronounced due to inherent quiet ride from all electric vehicle.
  • Suspension is OK... I'd prefer a softer ride... man this would be great with an Air Ride suspension.
  • I plan on doing a satin silver vehicle wrap in the summer... if economy gets back on track... for now, vehicle is Caucasian.
Having plenty of fun with this awesome vehicle. I have a Wall Connector at home and enjoy the fact I no longer have to go to, or rely, on gas stations. Hit me up any questions... I kinda assume given the landscape, not many people have put on as many miles on the Model Y as I have so far.

I work out of state and use Autopilot for nearly 80% of my commute... So far I've used my Model Y for Home Depot runs, driving around looking for a place to get a haircut, trips to Wegmans, taking the dogs on hikes, and letting the kids play with in car games.
  • I have a rear taillight full of condensation... I assume the seal was not properly set... Tesla is coming out this week to fix.
  • At highway speeds there tends to be a whistle around the driver side mirror... I assume from aero dynamic design... I've heard this sound before from other cars I've owned... but this seems more pronounced due to inherent quiet ride from all electric vehicle.
  • Suspension is OK... I'd prefer a softer ride... man this would be great with an Air Ride suspension.
  • I plan on doing a satin silver vehicle wrap in the summer... if economy gets back on track... for now, vehicle is Caucasian.
Having plenty of fun with this awesome vehicle. I have a Wall Connector at home and enjoy the fact I no longer have to go to, or rely, on gas stations. Hit me up any questions... I kinda assume given the landscape, not many people have put on as many miles on the Model Y as I have so far.

on the lookout for potholes with the 20s? Or just glide over

6E067C79-2F82-4DC1-A7E8-ADAE72CC00CD.jpeg

Reactions: rescueswimmer
342 is quite high and is likely due to your comment "Having plenty of fun with this awesome vehicle."

Hopefully you'll see almost 100 watt hours per mile lower on relaxed drives after the new Tesla honeymoon period is over.

Not really big on mashing the accelerator.... It was fun once or twice, but I'm mostly a casual easy go driver... I assume the high consumption rate is attributed to highway miles, little regenerative opportunities. I did find the standard regenerative was far too aggressive and have set it to roll... likely all these contribute to high consumption? I'm in the suburbs... not much city driving.

Tesla service will be here tomorrow... I'll check on the wind noise solution! Thanks... will advise.

Common Issue #1
Attached image shows rear tail light (Before and After). Apparently all the tail lights have this small pin hole in the center for the LED units to "breathe" as the unit itself tends to get hot... in some cases it causes the taillight to fog up with condensation. Solution... replace whole unit.
IMG_1072.jpg
IMG_1181.jpg

Common Issue #2
Whistling noise came from trim piece that was not properly sealed together... in the attached picture you can see the molding/seal is supposed to be pinched together.... when you get up to speed the trim piece "flaps" in the wind and causes the whistling noise. Solution... Tesla used double sided tape to hold the two pieces together.
IMG_1176.jpg

That really is some poor WH/mi for a regular performance with 20" wheels.. Tesla says you should get 325 miles, not 178... Based on some other numbers from users here they were getting in the 300-320 range and I think that was with the 21" wheels.. maybe a little more spirited then you think ;) I know when I get mine ill be in the 400 WH/mi range lol... but eventually ill figure out how to drive my first EV more efficiently.

Reactions: rescueswimmer