Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apr 20, 2024 - Model X price drop by $2,000 !!! wtf...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would do yoke retrofit (or steering wheel retrofit), only if there is way to also have the car display to indicate the result of retrofit. Seems like even if the SC does this retrofit, they end up leaving the car as the original fitment of whatever the car had from the factory.

Everyone's situation is different.

But what sort of rationale do you go through to end up getting a 5 seater in MX? eg. do not need versatility of more seats? $7,500 saving easily justifies lack of versatility of having more than 5 seats? I (family) simply do not need more than 5 seats? I must have fold down and i don't need more than 5 seats?

Clearly as mentioned already, if MX 7 seat configuration is $2K, then yeah, that's an easy decision.

And i'm fairly certain the 3rd row 2 seats cannot be retrofitted by average person, in a 5 seat configuration.

What gets me is, will resale value of 5 seater be seen as less favorable option in a "SUV" vehicle, when it has >5 seats choices.

But then again, i own a X3 and that's an SUV, with 5 seats (but that is "only" 5 seats so if someone is looking for used X3, they know from start what they are getting for # of seats from factory).. :)

Everyone's situation is different.

But what sort of rationale do you go through to end up getting a 5 seater in MX? eg. do not need versatility of more seats? $7,500 saving easily justifies lack of versatility of having more than 5 seats? I (family) simply do not need more than 5 seats? I must have fold down and i don't need more than 5 seats?

Clearly as mentioned already, if MX 7 seat configuration is $2K, then yeah, that's an easy decision.

And i'm fairly certain the 3rd row 2 seats cannot be retrofitted by average person, in a 5 seat configuration.

What gets me is, will resale value of 5 seater be seen as less favorable option in a "SUV" vehicle, when it has >5 seats choices.

But then again, i own a X3 and that's an SUV, with 5 seats (but that is "only" 5 seats so if someone is looking for used X3, they know from start what they are getting for # of seats from factory).. :)

Having owned an MX, I'll probably go with a 5 seater again if get one in say next 6 months. I prefer the larger/nicer SUV, but with the usual 5 seats. My reasons are:

- Had the 6 seater, and the two middle seats not folding was actually a pain. Seemed to lose functionality when hauling a lot of stuff, and had to work around then. They were also slow and over complicated. It did make the 3rd row a tad more usable though since it's so small you could hang feet into the middle open space. The seats were also very narrow and felt awkward, especially with no arm rests.
- The 7 seater on the X seems too small. If I wanted a 7 seater I'd go for a true large SUV with more space back there.
- The 5 seater is just a normal mid sized SUV with decent back seat. Can fold down in need, etc.