Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is 2024 RWD pricing already in the sweet spot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A potential 2024 MY RWD buyer here and has been monitoring its inventory prices. Looks like they have stopped dropping and stay at $40,840 for (the US) big cities.

Are people actually buying at this price? Have to buy a car around Feb/March so would like to see how we should plan this out.

If you are a 2024 MY RWD owner, please share the battery and range experience! Would like to learn more on these as well, thank you!

I assume only Tesla knows at what price point people are buying. Based on the inventory in my area (looking at long range), there doesn't appear to be many buyers as the same cars continue to appear for me. I'm waiting until March to see how things turn out...however, I don't need a new car so this is more like a process of "let's see if Tesla goes back to a 10% reduction" and/or tosses out other incentives for me to buy.

I assume only Tesla knows at what price point people are buying. Based on the inventory in my area (looking at long range), there doesn't appear to be many buyers as the same cars continue to appear for me. I'm waiting until March to see how things turn out...however, I don't need a new car so this is more like a process of "let's see if Tesla goes back to a 10% reduction" and/or tosses out other incentives for me to buy.
Yeah what I believe is that Tesla is waiting to see if customers take the bait for the "February price cuts" (cuts on the original price only), and I just cannot see that goes far with most people buy inventory cars with discounts on the original price. I know at the end of last year, they dropped the 23 RWD prices to below $40k so we will see if the same happen within Q1.

Discounts often will be greater at end of quarter. Maybe not as much inventory this quarter because they are still ramping up 2024 production so they might not have a ton of extra stock. Not many, if any, 2024 models have been delivered to customers yet I think.

For the 2023 MY RWDs, I don't think I ever saw it below $40k while it was eligible for the rebate. In 2024, I did see some go down to $38k, but without the $7500 rebate, that is a much worse deal. So once the 2024 hits $40k, I would say that matches the best pricing of 2023. If I were shopping, I'd wait about 3 or 4 weeks for the best pricing as Tesla has been very aggressive quarter end recently.

For the 2023 MY RWDs, I don't think I ever saw it below $40k while it was eligible for the rebate. In 2024, I did see some go down to $38k, but without the $7500 rebate, that is a much worse deal. So once the 2024 hits $40k, I would say that matches the best pricing of 2023. If I were shopping, I'd wait about 3 or 4 weeks for the best pricing as Tesla has been very aggressive quarter end recently.
Yes I only considered pricing for those qualify for the rebate, and at the end of 2023, I saw 23 MY RWD (with rebate) hit $39590. This would be the target I would like to see trending toward the end of Q1, especially with the mystery battery and worse audio.

Discounts often will be greater at end of quarter. Maybe not as much inventory this quarter because they are still ramping up 2024 production so they might not have a ton of extra stock. Not many, if any, 2024 models have been delivered to customers yet I think.
I assume the inventory stock depends on the area you live. But, yeah, the 2nd and 3rd quarters will likely have even better deals than what we are seeing based on history. And I suspect the Juniper will start being rolled out in the US in late 2024.

They’ve just done a drop from 44990 to 42990. They’ve also adjusted the cash savings amount from 3600 over 3 years to 6000 over 5 years. Giving them a catchy figure under 30k when the federal rebate is included.

Attachments

• IMG_7138.png
    IMG_7138.png
    1 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: Royal27