Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

APS_w132 error after Update: Bricked Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I'm hoping for some advice:

I took delivery of a 2023 Model S (HW4, non-USS) less than a month ago (this is my second Tesla) and I am having some serious troubles with it after an attempted update. I was going from 2023.6.11.2 to 2023.12.1 and my car alerted me that the update has failed. Later that day I got in my car and it played the alert chime and then stated: "Software Update Required: Please Schedule Service" with an error code APS_w132. I checked the pending updates screen and nothing was there. So, I picked up my app and attempted to schedule service; however, after it ran "diagnostics" it simply told me that I should check for updates in the future like a normal update and that left me with no ability to schedule service except for an option for a call back - which I never received. Fast forward to today, I walked into the Tesla Center and asked the representative there if he had any ideas and he messaged his service team and they stated they would reach out to me shortly - I never received a call. They did, I guess, send an update to my car for 2023.6.11.2 and when it attempts to install, it fails without prompting an error. It just goes to "Updating Autopilot" then closes out of the update like it never happened. None of the cameras work now and the car is essentially without any features. I called the service center here in Mesa, AZ (which was painful as I had to repeat myself numerous times) and they told me that the "12 volt battery" need to be reset/ replaced and that they would "happily" come to me to do this. I'm confused as to what the 12volt battery is going to do for this? I'm maybe missing something but I did the power down cycle in my car and the soft reboot, too. Has anyone else had this issue?

Model S (2023), April 4th delivery, non-FSD.

I got the same error on a MXP while trying to upgrade from similar versions as you did. The car is in service center since Wednesday and I'm supposed to get my car back on May 3rd. Hopefully they get it fixed along with some other seat related issues.

Oh wow, I was hoping I wasn't the only one. I got my car back after two days and they had to have someone from their Engineering HQ look at my car. They said a "hard drive attached in the glove box" caused it; however, I had unplugged it like they suggested and it still didn't work. They fixed it but not sure how they did.

Hi all,

I'm hoping for some advice:

I took delivery of a 2023 Model S (HW4, non-USS) less than a month ago (this is my second Tesla) and I am having some serious troubles with it after an attempted update. I was going from 2023.6.11.2 to 2023.12.1 and my car alerted me that the update has failed. Later that day I got in my car and it played the alert chime and then stated: "Software Update Required: Please Schedule Service" with an error code APS_w132. I checked the pending updates screen and nothing was there. So, I picked up my app and attempted to schedule service; however, after it ran "diagnostics" it simply told me that I should check for updates in the future like a normal update and that left me with no ability to schedule service except for an option for a call back - which I never received. Fast forward to today, I walked into the Tesla Center and asked the representative there if he had any ideas and he messaged his service team and they stated they would reach out to me shortly - I never received a call. They did, I guess, send an update to my car for 2023.6.11.2 and when it attempts to install, it fails without prompting an error. It just goes to "Updating Autopilot" then closes out of the update like it never happened. None of the cameras work now and the car is essentially without any features. I called the service center here in Mesa, AZ (which was painful as I had to repeat myself numerous times) and they told me that the "12 volt battery" need to be reset/ replaced and that they would "happily" come to me to do this. I'm confused as to what the 12volt battery is going to do for this? I'm maybe missing something but I did the power down cycle in my car and the soft reboot, too. Has anyone else had this issue?

Model S (2023), April 4th delivery, non-FSD.
My 2021 M3 performance has the same issue! I’ve already been through 2 FSD computer replacements.

Service had updated my car to 2023.12.1. I'll be picking up my car tomorrow so I'll ask what they did to fix it. Also, they asked my permission to format the USB drive before they attempted to upgrade so maybe try that if you can.