Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apt Folks: OK just Supercharging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cosmacelf

Supporting Member
Mar 6, 2013
San Diego
For all those apartment and other dwellers who can’t charge every night in their garage: are you satisfied owning your Tesla just charging via Superchargers? My son is going off to college, and his only option would be to Supercharge. He wont be driving much, maybe a few times a week, so it seems doable (there is a Supercharger not far away). Just wondering what other people’s experiences are.

My first 6 months of ownership were without home charging. Luckily, the closest supercharger (about 20 minutes from home) was along my work commute. It was novel, so I didn't mind spending the time at the charger. Glad I don't have to do it anymore though.

Truly, I think the hassle is less about the time and more about planning for charging... especially in cold climates.

Reactions: Cosmacelf
Check on Plugshare.com (or download the Plugshare app) as there are almost certainly public Level 2 (L2) charging stations that your son could use to charge. Some public L2 charging are free to use while shopping, dining, etc. The only downside to constant Supercharging is the cost.

Check on Plugshare.com (or download the Plugshare app) as there are almost certainly public Level 2 (L2) charging stations that your son could use to charge. Some public L2 charging are free to use while shopping, dining, etc. The only downside to constant Supercharging is the cost.
Nope, charging desert except for the Tesla supercharger 5 minutes away.