Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are new winter tire/wheel/TPMS combos from Tire Rack plug & play?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Luganos use 60mm center caps which are different than the stock Tesla center caps. I believe someone was talking about making some center caps for these, but you should be able to buy some blanks (I found some black blacks in 60mm on ebay) and then get some Tesla stickers here on the forums to put on them.

I received the same wheels last week. I am wondering, were you able to use the Tesla center caps with the Rial center caps? If not, I wonder if there are blank gray center caps that can be used with the Tesla "T" stickers.

THanks

To close the loop on this, I can confirm that on my set of 19" Rials with the Tire Rack TPMS set, the car indeed threw up the TPMS warning at 20km. Went to Tesla and they reprogrammed them to work in a couple of minutes @ no charge. Confirmed working because a few minutes afterward the car stated the tires had low pressure (must have shipped from Tire Rack a little low). The guys topped them up and I was good to go.

To close the loop on this, I can confirm that on my set of 19" Rials with the Tire Rack TPMS set, the car indeed threw up the TPMS warning at 20km. Went to Tesla and they reprogrammed them to work in a couple of minutes @ no charge. Confirmed working because a few minutes afterward the car stated the tires had low pressure (must have shipped from Tire Rack a little low). The guys topped them up and I was good to go.

tire rack filled my tires to 32PSI (which is standard) but the tesla is such a beast it needs 42PSI so thats probably why you got a low warning.

That's precisely what happened. Does the higher inflation pressure for Teslas make the risk of tire rupture higher?

Actually, it makes it less. Most tire ruptures are pinch shocks from potholes. A pinch shock is where the rim flange cuts the tire when it hits something solid such as a pothole edge or curb. Higher pressure is the best way to reduce the risk. I don't know why people have such a fear of putting some air in their tires. Heat is what kills tires, not pressure.