Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arguing...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When there are this many people involved in a 3 page thread and the entire thing gets moved to "arguing," it's clearly the sissy moderator who has his little panties in a bunch. Get what, Buddy, all of us adults were doing just fine until your snowflake ass got butthurt.

Difference between what 2 cars?

The one my bank owns or the one I own?

Audi never beat my vehicle value down by dropping price 12% in 45 days.

Why wouldn’t I just stop paying and let the bank have their asset?

But in general why would any bank look at thousands of loans that were depreciated 12% in 45 days by the manufacturers price changes and be cool with it? You think they’re cool with it? You don’t think of a manufacturer decreases the price 12% on a 50,000 object that’s traditionally Financed they don’t have a duty to keep those customers happy?

I work in a bank. In risk. They don't care...

Lemme explain a few things (they may have been covered but I can't read 3 pages of this... apologies if this is a repeat.)

1) Unless you financed your car 100% and have made no payments on it, this is unlikely going to work out to your financial benefit. If you put down a deposit and care about your credit rating (and future interest rates), defaulting on your loan will harm you by more than your 12% 'loss' anyway

2) Your car devalued by more than 12% the very second you rested your soft cheeks on its vegan leather

3) The bank doesn't care about your loan. They already bundled it up with thousands of other loans into some nice bonds and sold them to investors. Your bank isn't exposed to your loan, your 401(k) is and your grandma's pension

4) Even if they owned your loan and took possession of your asset, they sell the whole problem to a 3rd party who auctions your car for a fraction of its value and sells your debt for cents on the dollar to a big guy called Norman, who will hound you for the rest of your living days. Giving up the 'asset' doesn't free you from your debt

I don't know what started this highly amusing thread, I just hope no one thinks what you're suggesting is remotely a good idea.

Shhh... when you provide valuable education to someone in dire need thereof it's called "arguing."

Whenever any two adults wish to have a reasonable discussion where they differ in opinion, it's called "arguing"

Arguing is forbidden in today's left-wing, rainbows and unicorns world.