Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arguing...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I paid $59k + tax for a RWD and don’t even tick all the boxes. Should we keep comparing our e-peens or can we move on now?

The thing is, my bank, and a bunch of other peoples banks, maybe yours, received excessive liability and Tesla self-creates a bubble.

You think my credit union is excited that the thing they financed is worth 20% less at the mfg’s hand alone? You think future buyers will get the rate I got?

What happens if payments stop? House of cards begins to collapse.

The thing is, my bank, and a bunch of other peoples banks, maybe yours, received excessive liability and Tesla self-creates a bubble.

You think my credit union is excited that the thing they financed is worth 20% less at the mfg’s hand alone? You think future buyers will get the rate I got?

Who is going to finance something the mfg self-depreciates 12% in 60 days without notice? What rate will they offer? How is that good business?

Why shouldn’t I just give my bank their asset?

Laugh all you want.

I paid 55,400 and now I could buy for 48,500 ONTOP of every trim getting a handjob but mine.
I laugh at the sheer stupidity of the idea that you would make a decision like that based on what is truly the definition of ignorance.

Tesla says that you will get 5% but since you didn’t get it now, you have made the decision between two cars that you can’t even have for years...lol

Oh and you also somehow believe that posting about your little fit will somehow influence a different outcome from Tesla...lol

Seriously, think before you type that kind of tripe. For many of us, it’s old and tired.

Oh boy

I laugh at the sheer stupidity of the idea that you would make a decision like that based on what is truly the definition of ignorance.

Tesla says that you will get 5% but since you didn’t get it now, you have made the decision to between two cars that you can’t even have for years...lol

Oh and you also somehow believe that posting about your little fit will somehow influence a different outcome from Tesla...lol

Seriously, think before you type that kind of tripe. For many of us, it’s old and tired.

Difference between what 2 cars?

The one my bank owns or the one I own?

Audi never beat my vehicle value down by dropping price 12% in 45 days.

Why wouldn’t I just stop paying and let the bank have their asset?

But in general why would any bank look at thousands of loans that were depreciated 12% in 45 days by the manufacturers price changes and be cool with it? You think they’re cool with it? You don’t think of a manufacturer decreases the price 12% on a 50,000 object that’s traditionally Financed they don’t have a duty to keep those customers happy?

Maybe people should make sure they buy within their means. Just throwing that one out there.

What’s that mean?

Are you assuming I, or another, can or would not be able to meet the financial obligations agreed upon?

Or are you confused that the financial obligations agreed upon meant an object with specific value, and devaluing it substantially would demotivate an insidividual from meeting their obligations? Or that the object owning institution would be upset the thing they’re financing has dropped substantially in value while the company is not appeasing the customer?

Difference between what 2 cars?

The one my bank owns or the one I own?

Audi never beat my vehicle value down by dropping price 12% in 45 days.

Why wouldn’t I just stop paying and let the bank have their asset?

But in general why would any bank look at thousands of loans that were depreciated 12% in 45 days by the manufacturers price changes and be cool with it? You think they’re cool with it? You don’t think of a manufacturer decreases the price 12% on a 50,000 object that’s traditionally Financed they don’t have a duty to keep those customers happy?

Pay attention

So from what I see if you have M3P or RWD LR you get notified of a performance increase, but if you are AWD non P you have the 2nd highest priced vehicle and get nothing.

Exactly why I didn’t reserve a Y.

That money is going to Rivian and it would have gone to a performance Y.

You apparently chose between the Y and the Rivian because you didn’t get the 5% in the latest update. Again...lol

• Funny
Reactions: KG M3 and tracksyde
What’s that mean?

Are you assuming I, or another, can or would not be able to meet the financial obligations agreed upon?

Or are you confused that the financial obligations agreed upon meant an object with specific value, and devaluing it substantially would demotivate an insidividual from meeting their obligations? Or that the object owning institution would be upset the thing they’re financing has dropped substantially in value while the company is not appeasing the customer?

You agreed to buy a thing, the thing was given to you. There were no promises made about what it would be worth later. If you want to stomp your feet and not be an adult who follows through with a contractual agreement, it’s no skin off my ass.

What’s that mean?

Use of a thesaurus doesn’t establish basic financial knowledge.

This is a calculation every lender makes when producing a loan. The possibility, although unlikely, was always there that something like this would happen. That is why they got you by the balls, literally, when you signed on the dotted line. Read the fine print. You're on the hook for all of that money. That is how the banks make money, my friend.

This is a calculation every lender makes when producing a loan. The possibility, although unlikely, was always there that something like this would happen. That is why they got you by the balls, literally, when you signed on the dotted line. Read the fine print. You're on the hook for all of that money. That is how the banks make money, my friend.

No I’m not. I have numerous ways to legally leave the agreement and so does every other recent buyer. If that happens at any rate greater than .1%...

Yeah

Thousands of loans were devalued 10% or more the past 45/60 days.

It has nothing to do with “oh boy”, it has everything to do with those institutions expecting value on their loans it being devalued, then the company ignoring the customer base.

My Model 3 was essentially bricked (center screen unusable - no buttons worked) for 13 days after I bought autopilot meanwhile the value of it dropped 12 % due to the manufacturer dropping their price. I called daily and got a handjob.

Why wouldn’t I just send it to the bank?
So just to be clear, if the 5% power increase would have been in the latest update, you would not only have been ok with all of this, you would have in fact purchased another car...the Model Y?

That’s what started this little (but growing) fit you are throwing.

Again, lol

I'm not even going to argue if you've started thinking that way. A loan is a loan is a loan is a loan. But if you insist... go do it!

So you’re saying an auto loan follows you to death?

What if I just don’t pay?

Repossession, fee, credit hit.

What if I sue for devaluation and return?

Representation, fee.

What if I declare bankruptcy?

Credit destruction, fee.

What if I sue for fraud?

Manufacturer said all get 5% on March 15.

I did not.

Addl, manufacturer said 3 days to add autopilot, bricked my car for 2 weeks.

What then? You think my bank is on my side or theirs?

You think I’m an isolated nutcase?

You think 20,000 people are all cool with 12% asset devaluation and not receiving multiple things from a mfg at the mfgs timeframe? And their banks are cool too?

I was told all cars received 5% performance increase and if mine doesn’t ontop of devaluation I’ll be suing and so will others. Don’t care what you do.

Representation, fee.

Credit destruction, fee.

What if I sue for fraud?

I did not.

And there it is, the meltdown that was started because he hasn’t received his 5% yet. Truly comical

Representation, fee.

Credit destruction, fee.

What if I sue for fraud?

I did not.

You think I’m an isolated nutcase?

You think 20,000 people are all cool with 12% asset devaluation and not receiving multiple things from a mfg at the mfgs timeframe? And their banks are cool too?
Those are all choices and paths you can choose to go down. I don't really know what to say as even I don't have the latest update. I'm just not willing to sue the company over it just yet. Tesla makes good on their promises but they're usually very late in doing so. Dude, I have the 3P+ and I don't even have the carbon fiber spoiler or rear badging yet. Nevermind the AP 3.0 supercomputer they promised later this year... just saying.

I came to this thread because my car seems to be boondoggled and stuck on 2018.50.6. I've even parked outside of known powerful and reliable wifi hotspots and nothing! I don't want to bother the mothership, but I'm starting to get annoyed with people "complaining" about sentry mode leaving the 12V on... such a travesty! I don't even have dog mode! And I don't even have a dog! That kind of thing, OK! I want {{SOME}} kind of update!
You should stop paying your loan and then sue for fraud. It’s what all the smart kids are doing.