Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona - Phoenix and Tucson Corridor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Frunk cargo net was given out with Signature cars (and maybe some earlier shipped cars). I ordered mine online, but you can call the service center and have them order one for you. You will only have to pay the $20 plus tax.

Any Detailer Recommendations?

Hi All. I just received my delivery window of May 3-17. I'm interested in having a sealant applied first thing after receiving the car. Based on the great work done by artsci in this thread, I'm leaning towards using one of the following products: CQuartz Ceramic, Glare Polish, Opti-Coat 2.0, or 22ple. Does anyone have a recommendation for a detailer that has experience applying any of these products?

My car's arriving next week and I'd like to get a paint sealant on it ASAP. Any recommendations?!?

What should I do concerning the paint armor?

My car was delivered Friday. It's in great shape but Tesla forgot to apply the paint armor. I already informed my local Tesla contact and he recommended that I let them put on the armor. I told him that I was hesitating since some owners didn't like the partial coverage. Others had it done by a third party (I've seen Cactus Window Tint and Film Dynamics mentioned). He told me he could probably arrange a refund if that's what I want. I really don't know what to do at this point since if I go with a third party and I'm disappointed with the results I'll kick myself for not letting Tesla do it. Any recommendations are welcome. Thanks.

My car was delivered Friday. It's in great shape but Tesla forgot to apply the paint armor. I already informed my local Tesla contact and he recommended that I let them put on the armor. I told him that I was hesitating since some owners didn't like the partial coverage. Others had it done by a third party (I've seen Cactus Window Tint and Film Dynamics mentioned). He told me he could probably arrange a refund if that's what I want. I really don't know what to do at this point since if I go with a third party and I'm disappointed with the results I'll kick myself for not letting Tesla do it. Any recommendations are welcome. Thanks.
I may be have memory failure, but I can't recall a single instance on TMC of someone being unhappy with the quality of the work done by Tesla or 3rd party. Some have regretted doing partial vs. full hood, and some have wallets bleeding from getting the full car wrap though.

Hope this helps on the stress side at least.

I would get a refund and use a third party. I have seen a Tesla paint armor that did not look good, and have read of others not happy with it. I also know the third party ones are cheaper than what Tesla offers if you compare apples to apples; plus these guys specialize in this stuff - so I think you are more likely to be happy with the third party than Tesla's.

I would get a refund and use a third party. I have seen a Tesla paint armor that did not look good, and have read of others not happy with it. I also know the third party ones are cheaper than what Tesla offers if you compare apples to apples; plus these guys specialize in this stuff - so I think you are more likely to be happy with the third party than Tesla's.

I agree.

Tesla Model S in Tucson?

We owned a Nissan Leaf for two years until last week when it was totaled in an accident when a Pima County Sheriff ran a stop sign. We are considering buying a Tesla. We have looked at the Tesla at Fashion Square Mall, but we would like to speak to a Tesla owner here in Tucson. Is anyone willing to give us the benefit of their experience? Our email is [email protected]. Thank you.

Anyone in PHX-area take their car in for an alignment? I think mine could use one (not horrible, but enough that I think it's worth it and I wouldnt mind asking them to proactively check fuses, torque on wheel nuts, and 12V battery heath). Just not sure since the real service center isn't open yet if they do alignments. Thanks!

Anyone in PHX-area take their car in for an alignment? I think mine could use one (not horrible, but enough that I think it's worth it and I wouldnt mind asking them to proactively check fuses, torque on wheel nuts, and 12V battery heath). Just not sure since the real service center isn't open yet if they do alignments. Thanks!

I would call Tim at Tesla service. I expect they can do this. It sounds like they are planning to be at this "temporary" location for a while - so they must be able to handle everything (and if you are waiting for the "real" service place to open, it could be a ways off - Tim mentioned they were having difficulty finding a place that can handle all of their needs, particularly regarding power; they may have to just build their own from scratch). BTW, what type of alignment issues do you notice? Uneven tire wear, or performance issues?

ONe of the nice things about the PHX area (compared to where I lived most of my life in NYC area), is that some of the highways are smooth as glass here. So, you can notice anyminor, minor alignment issues. Ihavent looked at my tires yet. Will do that this weekend. But I would say that I do feel some slight vibration (and it is slight) through the steering column. This isnt a big deal. The bigger issue is the tendency to swerve some when gunning it. And i'm only in the 60. And finally, I would say my steering wheel is about 2-3 degrees off center counter clockwise. Maybe only 1-2. But the 3 things together, and the fact that many have had alignment issues make me want to get it checked and done.

(and if you are waiting for the "real" service place to open, it could be a ways off - Tim mentioned they were having difficulty finding a place that can handle all of their needs, particularly regarding power; they may have to just build their own from scratch)

Thanks for the status update...

I was thinking they'd look to put it into one of the empty car dealership buildings near Scottsdale Airpark (although those might be too big). If power is a holdup, are they planning on including a SuperCharger at the service location?

ONe of the nice things about the PHX area (compared to where I lived most of my life in NYC area), is that some of the highways are smooth as glass here. So, you can notice anyminor, minor alignment issues. Ihavent looked at my tires yet. Will do that this weekend. But I would say that I do feel some slight vibration (and it is slight) through the steering column. This isnt a big deal. The bigger issue is the tendency to swerve some when gunning it. And i'm only in the 60. And finally, I would say my steering wheel is about 2-3 degrees off center counter clockwise. Maybe only 1-2. But the 3 things together, and the fact that many have had alignment issues make me want to get it checked and done.

Definitely sounds worth taking in. If you haven't already, you might check the tire pressures - don't just trust the car's system to tell you things. If they are at different levels, it could cause some of the performance issues. Steering column vibrations, though, definitely sound like the wheels need to be balanced - does it always happen at the same speed no matter the road? That is a good indicator. The steering wheel misalignment is an easy fix, but likely is not responsible for the performance issues. Let us know the results when you take it in.

- - - Updated - - -

I was thinking they'd look to put it into one of the empty car dealership buildings near Scottsdale Airpark (although those might be too big). If power is a holdup, are they planning on including a SuperCharger at the service location?[/QUOTE]

I don't know about a future supercharger, but is sounds like the older buildings are not able to handle the basic electric needs for the shop - particularly working on multiple cars at a time.

Definitely sounds worth taking in. If you haven't already, you might check the tire pressures - don't just trust the car's system to tell you things. If they are at different levels, it could cause some of the performance issues. Steering column vibrations, though, definitely sound like the wheels need to be balanced - does it always happen at the same speed no matter the road? That is a good indicator. The steering wheel misalignment is an easy fix, but likely is not responsible for the performance issues. Let us know the results when you take it in.

- - - Updated - - -

I was thinking they'd look to put it into one of the empty car dealership buildings near Scottsdale Airpark (although those might be too big). If power is a holdup, are they planning on including a SuperCharger at the service location?

I don't know about a future supercharger, but is sounds like the older buildings are not able to handle the basic electric needs for the shop - particularly working on multiple cars at a time.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I did check the tires upon delivery. They were, as others found, higher than they should be. I fixed that then. If I do take it in soon, I'll let you know what they find/do.

Hi All. I just received my delivery window of May 3-17. I'm interested in having a sealant applied first thing after receiving the car. Based on the great work done by artsci in this thread, I'm leaning towards using one of the following products: CQuartz Ceramic, Glare Polish, Opti-Coat 2.0, or 22ple. Does anyone have a recommendation for a detailer that has experience applying any of these products?

For anyone interested in getting a sealant applied, I called a bunch of different places and the only one I found that uses any of the above was Pit Stop Detailing in Scottsdale. They use Opti-Coat. Marcus, the owner, spent quite a bit of time talking to me both on the phone and in person about their process (the prep work is extremely important), the products, and costs. I had them do my car last Thursday and I am extremely pleased with the results...and it has a 5 year warranty. In fact I'm having them Opti-Coat my Tacoma this week. They even coated the pano roof and wheels. I got bird bombed yesterday and it came right off with a swipe of a damp rag. If you call them mention that you saw the recommendation on this forum. Attached is a pic from my phone. It's not the best quality but notice how clear the reflection of the trees are. There are absolutely no swirls or optical imperfections at all!
IMAG0054[1].jpg

For anyone interested in getting a sealant applied, I called a bunch of different places and the only one I found that uses any of the above was Pit Stop Detailing in Scottsdale. They use Opti-Coat. Marcus, the owner, spent quite a bit of time talking to me both on the phone and in person about their process (the prep work is extremely important), the products, and costs. I had them do my car last Thursday and I am extremely pleased with the results...and it has a 5 year warranty. [/ATTACH]

What was the cost as compared to Rick or others mentioned on the forum?

Sorry, should have included the cost in the first place. The prep work was $135 which included inside and outside detail. Since my paint was in good condition (they pointed out a few swirls and smudges) it wasn't too much work. Since the Opti-Coat is 'permanent' the paint really needs to be perfect before application, otherwise any flaws will be visible under the coating. The prep work for my Tacoma is going to be more expensive since it's a 2010 and will require more work. The Opti-Coat application was $500 so the total was $635. That's more than I really wanted to spend but I figured it was worth the upfront cost to not have to wax it for at least five years.

So, if any recent MS recipients were waiting until 6/1 to register their car in AZ to try to tke advantage of the reduced state sales tax, please post your experience! Did they DMV acknowledge the 1% drop? Did they charge the new effective rate or did they back date it to the old tax rate in effect when the car was delivered

So, if any recent MS recipients were waiting until 6/1 to register their car in AZ to try to tke advantage of the reduced state sales tax, please post your experience! Did they DMV acknowledge the 1% drop? Did they charge the new effective rate or did they back date it to the old tax rate in effect when the car was delivered

I don't receive my car until Wed this week, but I called the MVD before Memorial Day to ask -- mostly since my MVPA is dated in May. I was surprised they were not aware of the upcoming rate reduction (both the initial rep and supervisor I was handed to). But she confirmed that they charge the rate as o the day you bring it in.

Might be worth bringing a print screen of the sales tax notice with you if you go in to register this week. Just in case they insist on using the old rate...