Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona tint and wrap question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any MX owners in Arizona get full matte wrap? Any preferences of XPEL Stealth vs Suntek Ultra Matte? Recs on installers?
For windshield tint, anyone find an installer who does one piece Photosync for the windshield?
Appreciate the advice. See ya on the 101!

Greetings,
We are a little far, but I thought I would comment on the Choice of film for your MX. Both Stealth and Utlra Matte are good quality films. We use the XPEL Stealth and have done several X Models with it. I know they both have the same warranty coverage. The dark color cars look really amazing in the Stealth. Plus you get the protection from rockchips and scratches. Fo

Go to www.XPEL.com and you can find a local, trained installer. Tab 'Find a Local Installer'. Many installers do the tint as well. We use the Llumar brand-CTX Air Blue for the front windshield. You will need someone with experience with that window because it is the biggest in the car industry and requires two guys and lots of know-how.

Bill

upload_2017-10-20_9-52-10.png

upload_2017-10-20_9-52-34.png

upload_2017-10-20_9-53-16.png

Greetings,
We are a little far, but I thought I would comment on the Choice of film for your MX. Both Stealth and Utlra Matte are good quality films. We use the XPEL Stealth and have done several X Models with it. I know they both have the same warranty coverage. The dark color cars look really amazing in the Stealth. Plus you get the protection from rockchips and scratches. Fo

Go to www.XPEL.com and you can find a local, trained installer. Tab 'Find a Local Installer'. Many installers do the tint as well. We use the Llumar brand-CTX Air Blue for the front windshield. You will need someone with experience with that window because it is the biggest in the car industry and requires two guys and lots of know-how.

Bill

View attachment 255114
View attachment 255115

View attachment 255116
Nice pictures. Thanks for the suggestion.

I also recommend cactus tint. I had them do my tint and clear bra and they are pretty good. I seen the cars they had wrapped and from the looks do an excellent job.

I was going to photosync to for my windshield it is more expensive but they talked me out of it due the extra cost for little added value and you don't wanta drive and see through it with polarized sunglasses with the rainbow effect. I went with 3M two shades darker and its perfect for the front. I did have photosync on the sides with an extra layer of cheaper tint underneath for more darkness....love it!

I also recommend cactus tint. I had them do my tint and clear bra and they are pretty good. I seen the cars they had wrapped and from the looks do an excellent job.

I was going to photosync to for my windshield it is more expensive but they talked me out of it due the extra cost for little added value and you don't wanta drive and see through it with polarized sunglasses with the rainbow effect. I went with 3M two shades darker and its perfect for the front. I did have photosync on the sides with an extra layer of cheaper tint underneath for more darkness....love it!

I did end up going to Cactus Tint. Did the matte clear bra with chrome delete and photosync on all windows including the windshield. Just have to powdercoat the wheels now, and I will post pics of completed car.

Reactions: RatRace
You will have to start with a Google search for Automotive Powder coating, Rims.( near me, or Phoenix.) That should generate some leads. In Orange County near us we are aware of a couple of shops. Its probably not cost effective to mail them and send them back. Usually these folks are in the industrialized areas of town. Quality powder coating is an art, but its worth doing a little leg work to tap the best folks in your area.

Another strategy is to buy new rims already powdercoated in a style you like or similar to the ones you have. This added variance from stock would make your Tesla the only one like it. I had one Tesla customer who did that and it really finished the look. His car was pearl and he went with a gun-barrel black rim. Just a thought. If you want a couple of powder coat leads of vendors out here I can help you with that. Make a vacation out of it and come to Los Angeles? Laguna Beach is really nice this time of year.

Finally, everything is done. Whole car clear bra matte PPF, chrome delete, photosync window tint incl windshield, powder coat wheels.
Cactus Tint for everything except powdercoat. Wheels done by the Wrap Room.

Attachments

• IMG_1817.JPG
    IMG_1817.JPG
    402.8 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_1818.JPG
    IMG_1818.JPG
    432.4 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_1819.JPG
    IMG_1819.JPG
    420.1 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_1821.JPG
    IMG_1821.JPG