Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arlo Security Camera feed on Tesla Browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Isn’t the rear camera view when backing up technically video available to the driver? Wouldn’t a webcam feed of the road with traffic behind be treated the same?

I suppose PhilDavid could stand behind the car and summon it out. Assuming no traffic hit him, it should be safe for the car.

The problem is how tiny my garage is and the garage door frame is even tinier. It would not take much for the car to be damaged and I have seen enough videos and photos of damage caused by the current version of Summon to not want to trust it.

Now if a future version uses camera to be absolutely sure it dot not hit a stationary wall or garage door frame, that would actually be quite useful as we have an actual use case for Summon with summon -- as long as it is reliable.

The problem is how tiny my garage is and the garage door frame is even tinier. It would not take much for the car to be damaged and I have seen enough videos and photos of damage caused by the current version of Summon to not want to trust it.

Now if a future version uses camera to be absolutely sure it dot not hit a stationary wall or garage door frame, that would actually be quite useful as we have an actual use case for Summon with summon -- as long as it is reliable.

I wouldn’t trust it either.

I put in a mesh WiFi system, the Velop. It has good throughput and coverage is great. If you put a couple of webcams in to look up and down the road, maybe the WiFi would reach them and your car as well, then the iPad would show you the road.

Totally agree on the delay part, we have a 3-second delay which I feel is "too long". I hope you get to solve this though, please leave an update whenever possible as I have an extra arlo from our bundle and it would be nice to actually use it in my garage. I really like to quality of the videos. Although the monthly subscription is a bit off to me.

Not going to happen. It is illegal to have video available to the driver. I know in thi case that’s not what’s happening, but how does the car know

That concept needs to be updated with the times. What is video? Is your rear camera feed a video? What about an animated display of the map? Live weather radar “video” loop? Video rendering of the cars around you on the road? Everything in cars is a video screen these days.