Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ars: How Tesla proved the haters wrong

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good article that I feel is fair. A lot of Ars Technica's previous articles felt negatively biased to me.

Also, the commenters definitely liked to pile on the Tesla hate train which I also felt was unjustified. Health skepticism is good but judging something when you have no first hand experience with it isn't, especially with things like "autopilot is going to kill everyone on the road" mentality.

Good article that I feel is fair. A lot of Ars Technica's previous articles felt negatively biased to me.

Also, the commenters definitely liked to pile on the Tesla hate train which I also felt was unjustified. Health skepticism is good but judging something when you have no first hand experience with it isn't, especially with things like "autopilot is going to kill everyone on the road" mentality.
Commenters be commenting... I have found that the general commenters on Ars are fair, and down-vote the less objective posters. This is from many, many years of reading their articles on many topics. (I should probably subscribe...)

Reactions: alexdav
As a subscriber to Ars, I really like Ars's articles. The auto editor, Dr. Gitlin, is known for being rather skeptical of Tesla. Tim Lee write on technology and transportation, is generally unbiased, and often writes interesting articles about Tesla.
Yes, I love that he calls out his colleague Jonathan in the piece. Why not! They are free to do and say pretty much what they will, as they are not under the rule of a corporate owner that directs their editorial as much as some other outlets out there.