TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Article about Tesla reward for Uber drivers

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by TesAus, Jan 9, 2016.

1. TesAus

TesAus Member

Found this article about an Uber Tesla that is being used as a reward for the top drivers from the company operating them - Splend.

Your next Uber driver could be driving a Tesla | afr.com

Interesting that it is a reward, that they only pick up the best customers in it and the very positive comments from the business manager.

2. LGGD

LGGD Active Member

Good article. I didn't even know such a company existed.

3. TesAus

TesAus Member

Neither did I. I thought all Uber drivers were individuals using their own cars?

4. paulp

paulp Member

Some are, but many, especially uber black, are the car hire companies turning the uber box on when between hire jobs. Like taxi's, the companies that own these cars like to have them running 24/7, rotating drivers as required.

Funny circumstance at melbourne airport, I booked an uber on the app and watched on the app has he drove past and out of the airport. I called him, and pointed out he hadn't picked me up. "Bugger, I'll do a u turn" was the response.