Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arw pre-Raven S/X more powerful?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have a Raven S that is in the shop for a paint defect. I was given a loaner pre-Raven S 75D that was built Dec 2018.

While our Raven S has more range and is undoubtedly smoother riding, the pre-Raven S seems to pull stronger and with slingshot acceleration that pins you against the seat. Anyone else notice a similar difference? The loaner S 75D is probably uncorked but I thought Raven Standard Range S is still .1 second faster to 60 (on paper). Going by feel, the pre-Raven S feels a good half-second faster than Raven S.

• Love
Reactions: Green_Light
We have a Raven S that is in the shop for a paint defect. I was given a loaner pre-Raven S 75D that was built Dec 2018.

While our Raven S has more range and is undoubtedly smoother riding, the pre-Raven S seems to pull stronger and with slingshot acceleration that pins you against the seat. Anyone else notice a similar difference? The loaner S 75D is probably uncorked but I thought Raven Standard Range S is still .1 second faster to 60 (on paper). Going by feel, the pre-Raven S feels a good half-second faster than Raven S.

LR Raven has a 0 to 60 of 3.7 seconds. That's .5 seconds faster than my 75D.

Not sure why your car feels slow. It should be faster.

Check to see if your Raven is in "Chill" drive mode.

Accounted for all of the possibilities stated above:

Fresh charge at 90% each morning
Definitely not chill mode

We have a Standard Range Raven S which, according to Tesla, should do 0-60 in 4.0 seconds. It feels fast but not nearly as fast as the 75D I have as a loaner. There's a distinct difference. The 75D really pins you to the seat when you floor it and snaps your head back, it's a lot more violent than what I feel in our Raven S. I will try to have Service team look at it after i get my car back.

I noticed a similar difference with the uncorked 75D. Although it only feels quicker in the 0 to 40 ish or driving at lower speeds and flooring it. After 50 mph power definitely flattens out. Its interesting that after being uncorked it still hits the same mph in the 1/4 mile but 1 second quicker. It makes up that full second before 60 mph.

I wonder if it has to do with power delivery? Perhaps in an attempt to make the raven more luxurious / refined, they smoothed out the power delivery. The Raven might actually still be quicker 0-60 than the 75D, but does it in a more refined / smoother fashion that is less violent / abrupt?

I don’t know what to say other than my raven is noticeably faster than my p90dl. Something is wrong w your car or it’s in your head or the settings are off somehow. One of those 3.

Got the car back and any performance deficiency was indeed in my head.

I video recorded the dash of both cars and used editing software to pinpoint the exact time they each reached 60 MPH. The S 75D hit the mark in 4.05 seconds, pretty much in line with stated specs. Our Raven Standard Range took 4.10 seconds. Both cars were on Standard height. Setting to Low didn't make a difference.

I am pretty satisfied by the times and think the Raven is actually a little faster because the 4.10 was achieved with some wheelspin and brief loss of traction due to brand new Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus vs Goodyear Eagle Touring tires that were broken in on the 75D loaner.

Prior to recording the acceleration runs, the Raven S felt slower due to the manner that power is delivered. I can now see that Raven power delivery is very smooth and linear whereas pre-Raven S explodes out of the gate but loses steam past 40 MPH, just like how another poster described earlier. Perhaps the less hectic power delivery in Raven cars is easier on the half-shafts and suspension parts. Glad to get my car back and really appreciate how much smoother it rides compared to the S 75D loaner.