Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Assume another MY price hike this week or next....M3 got its price hike today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Mach-E GT on order. Was about the same price as the MYP coming next month, my order was before the 4k price increase. The dealer said he will honor the MSRP on the GT. With the Tax credit the GT is cheaper by about 7k even with my MYP old price. There is no timeline or update on when I might get it. By the time I do the tax credit will be gone for Ford. Going with my MYP and decide on the GT when I do get it probably a yr from now.

As much as I love the used market of my Model Y increasing I must admit the Model Y in particular has become severely overpriced. At least the Model 3 is within $1-2k of a Polestar 2 (a car I consider a main competitor). The Model Y is like $15k now and soon to be closer to $20k over the competition (Mach E, Ioniq 5, ID4, EV6).

Shrugs - I never thought I would see an Audi e-Tron with a Bang&Olfsen sound system, massaging seats, air suspension, etc come out cheaper in some cases (with $7500 tax incentive) than a Model Y!
We were seriously considering cancelling our MYP order due to delays and getting a Polestar 2. Once we sat down and did the math, and actually test drove the P2 we realized how much better of a “deal” the MY is even at current prices. If you don’t include the tax incentive on Polestar it’s actually priced almost identical to the MY. To compare apples to apples you need to equip the Polestar with Pilot, Plus, and Performance packages as well as the leather upgrade for the Plus package. The one we looked at with all of the listed addons was priced at over 68k, exactly what our MYP was priced at (pre latest price hike). Except for the MYP you get 50 miles more range, more advanced autopilot features (and I’m not even including FSD into this, just the stock autopilot), better charging network, and waaay more interior space. The resale value is also a huge factor with low mileage Polestar 2s with similar packages reselling in the 50k range, almost 15-20k drop from MSRP.. and that’s even with todays crazy used car market.

Reactions: Jersey_guy_202