Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

At What Point Do I Contact Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something must have gone bad-- for comparison I bought my 60 in 2013, it has about 33,000 miles, and rated range with 100% charge is 200 miles (4% loss from the original 208). I wouldn't wait for the next service to have it looked at.

Thanks, and yeah, already have an e-mail into them. Want to get it, as well as a few other little things, taken care of before the waves of Model 3s start coming :)

I had this happen a few months ago to my 2013 P85.

I charged it to 100% for a road trip and came out and i had dropped ~20miles of range within an hour or so. I figured maybe the supercharger would help it and went along my way, got to the first supercharger and it wouldnt charge past 60 miles, first I called Tesla and they suggested "I find another charger somewhere thats not a supercharger and see if that works", I explained to him I was in Chattanooga TN and there were basically no other chargers in the area (or even 220v), and I was on a road trip and couldn't stop for 6 hours to charge.

I ended up hanging up, calling back, getting a different person and they said they could see we were having a battery issue and got a rental 2 minutes up the road for us. The wrecker met us there, towed our car back and we were on our way.

The service center ended up replacing the main battery pack.. sadly with another A revision pack :( still happy they took care of me was just hoping for B or newer for faster charging.

Picked up the car yesterday. They said they did a battery test and everything was normal. Charged it to max over night and it was sitting at 178 miles of range this AM. Not sure what next steps I should take. At what point does the battery warranty come into play? This car has been driven a gentle 26,000 miles over the last 3 years.

JonathanD, have you made any progress wrt your issue? I have a 2015 85 vehicle with 76k miles and at 100% charge it gets only 236 rated miles. I've called service and they say that according to their logs of my vehicle, my battery is working normally. It's frustrating because I've always babied my battery, yet it has degraded slowly but steadily since I first got it. Every year I lose about 5-10 miles of rated range. What should I do next?

JonathanD, have you made any progress wrt your issue? I have a 2015 85 vehicle with 76k miles and at 100% charge it gets only 236 rated miles. I've called service and they say that according to their logs of my vehicle, my battery is working normally. It's frustrating because I've always babied my battery, yet it has degraded slowly but steadily since I first got it. Every year I lose about 5-10 miles of rated range. What should I do next?

After last service they basically said keep an eye on it and if it keeps going lower come back and talk to them, but that the battery data looked fine. So I've been charging it to full once every couple weeks to keep an eye on it and so far it seems to be hovering there. My standard 4 year warranty runs out in June of this year (obviously battery warranty goes beyond that) and I'm planning on taking it in before it expires to make sure any little things are handled prior to warranty expiration, so I may have them run a battery test on it again then and see how it looks.