Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

At what point in the ordering process can I add the roof rack for a model Y ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not only that, check out this link and scroll down a bit. Apparently camping with your Tesla is a thing.

Wow, who'd a thunk!
There’s a “Camp Mode” in the climate settings, so yes, it’s camping ready 😂

IMG_2744.jpeg

As for the roof rack installation… i think it’s also dependent on how well/accurately the glass roofs are installed, right? I thought some of the posts we see here described the damage done during roof rack installations was caused by improperly installed roofs (i.e. not enough room on one side or another for the hooks/anchors).

My very first post here was asking about roof racks and I included a link to the Tesmag rack, asking if there was a difference other than price. The post was not allowed as it was considered a marketing spam. Grrr.
(moderator note)

Im going to address this, as I am the one who did that. TMC has a pretty persistent problem with "Astroturfing". If you are unfamiliar with the term as it relates to internet forums, in basic terms, its the act of a person / company pretending to be regular end users, and trying to pump up / drum up business with "grass roots" type communication.

Like "Hey, anyone heard of this? (link to outside website), I bought it and think its great!" It can be somewhat hard to spot but one of the telltale signs of it is a brand new account that has never posted anything before, joining, then their first post being "hey anyone know anything about this thing (link website).

Specific to here, we get tons of this, especially pointed at some Tesla accessory item or other (floor mats, console organizers, and yes, roof racks).

Your first post was deleted because it fit that mold, and we get almost 1 a day like that (sometimes a bit less, sometimes more). Obviously, in your case, that wasnt the case (astroturfing), but thats why your first post was deleted as marketing.

(moderator note)

Im going to address this, as I am the one who did that. TMC has a pretty persistent problem with "Astroturfing". If you are unfamiliar with the term as it relates to internet forums, in basic terms, its the act of a person / company pretending to be regular end users, and trying to pump up / drum up business with "grass roots" type communication.

Like "Hey, anyone heard of this? (link to outside website), I bought it and think its great!" It can be somewhat hard to spot but one of the telltale signs of it is a brand new account that has never posted anything before, joining, then their first post being "hey anyone know anything about this thing (link website).

Specific to here, we get tons of this, especially pointed at some Tesla accessory item or other (floor mats, console organizers, and yes, roof racks).

Your first post was deleted because it fit that mold, and we get almost 1 a day like that (sometimes a bit less, sometimes more). Obviously, in your case, that wasnt the case (astroturfing), but thats why your first post was deleted as marketing.
That's what I figured and totally understand. I'm familiar with this type of stuff as an ex IT guy. It was just a bit of a shock having *just* ordered my 1st Tesla and having about a million questions.

In a former life, I was the City of Rochester's (NY) webmaster. Our Mayor at the time was very outspoken on social issues, so I created two forums for public discussion of said issues. Within weeks, it devolved into some pretty hateful commentary. I tried the "why can't we all just get along" thing, I was vitriolically attacked, and had to shut them down. This was about 20 years ago, way before the types of things going on today. Pretty sad that the more things change...

Anyhow, I've since found these forums to be a phenomenal resource full of kind and extremely helpful people. Kudos to ALL here for that!

- Richard

Reactions: jjrandorin
My racks from Tesery arrived several days ago and were well packaged. I was pretty surprised at the quick delivery since I’m in the middle of the ocean and most shipping to hawai’i takes several weeks via boat. Tesery’s shipping was free too.

I plan to try to install them tomorrow if I can find a couple of hours free in the day.

-Paul
There have an installation video you can take reference:

Reactions: Deaf Paul