Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlanta, GA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a black Model 3 this morning and I must say, wasn't expecting the black to show the way it did.

When CLEAN, a black car is the most amazing color (on many cars)...I had black on cars for decades, but the last car I bought before the Tesla, I finally got tired of working so hard on keeping it clean. I still clean my car weekly, but that wasn't enough for black the way I like it.

When CLEAN, a black car is the most amazing color (on many cars)...I had black on cars for decades, but the last car I bought before the Tesla, I finally got tired of working so hard on keeping it clean. I still clean my car weekly, but that wasn't enough for black the way I like it.

We have a black LR4 that I take to get cleaned weekly. Agree black on most cars when kept clean is great, but specifically the Model 3 looks damn nice. Could be it tones down the pronounced lip in the front.

Woo hoo! Originally scheduled for delivery on Oct 1, but just got a call from my IDA, said car would be done early and I can pick up on Sep 20!!
Also 10/1. I would be good with moving up. Did you already have a VIN before they offered that?

They offered me 9/29 but I'm gone that weekend. Had to pick 10/1. I'm scared my car will be given to someone who can take delivery during the 3rd Quarter!!

our bio says Marietta, why not take delivery in Marietta or Alpharetta for that matter?
No deliveries in Marietta any more. And they are not asking you where - they just told me Decatur (I'm equidistant from Alpharetta and Decatur.) I think with all the chaos over there that asking for special requests would be just playing with fire.

What is it with people in Atlanta and their alma mater?
Football in the South. Northerner's just don't get it!

• Love
Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
What is it with people in Atlanta and their alma mater? I'm a transplant so maybe I don't get it. So many people of non-student age needing to dress out there car with tag frames and stickers of their college? Obviously putting GT on your car is more impressive than this lowly Northeastern grad, but even so had I gone to an MIT I still wouldn't feel the need to make sure you knew that.

I think it's more common in the South. We don't have many nice things after you people burned the place down :)

Also 10/1. I would be good with moving up. Did you already have a VIN before they offered that?

They offered me 9/29 but I'm gone that weekend. Had to pick 10/1. I'm scared my car will be given to someone who can take delivery during the 3rd Quarter!!

That was my situation exactly. Originally offered 9/29 but out of town and took 10/1. That was coordinated with a delivery scheduler. When my IDA called me the first time I asked if he had anything earlier and to my surprise he said car was going to be in Decatur as early as 9/17.

What is it with people in Atlanta and their alma mater? I'm a transplant so maybe I don't get it. So many people of non-student age needing to dress out there car with tag frames and stickers of their college? Obviously putting GT on your car is more impressive than this lowly Northeastern grad, but even so had I gone to an MIT I still wouldn't feel the need to make sure you knew that.

Yeah, several others have already said it, but welcome to the South! There is a reason the College Football HOF is in Atlanta.

Ps - I’ve heard of MIT. We call it the Georgia Tech of the North.

• Funny
Reactions: windgrins
I'm 5 minutes away from the Alpharetta location but scheduled for Decatur. I'm afraid asking for a change may mess up something in the delivery process.

Yeah - I hear you - that's why I have not pushed for a change to be honest. And since my office is over in Duluth (when I don't work from the house) - I will probably just go into the office that day and head down from there since that is partway there.

My caller ID just showed a call from an unrecognized number in Freemont, California ..... I will always take a call from Freemont!

They said my car will be in Atlanta 9/20 and I can take delivery on Saturday 9/22 late in the day. Thought about whether Saturday was a good idea or if waiting until Monday might be a less rushed experience, but screw-it, I want the car!! :D:D:D

Hopefully, I can find the car on the lot before Saturday and give it a good review.

No VIN or other changes to my web portal yet.

I've got about a $1000 worth of accessories I want to buy for my M3.

Anyone have any comments on any of these:

Model 3 All-Weather Cargo Mats--Front and Rear
Model 3 Wheel Lock Set
Model S/X/3 Cable Organizer
Model S/X/3 Gen 2 Mobile Connector Bundle
Model 3 Car Cover-Indoor
Model 3 Glass Roof Sunshade
Model S/X/3 Paint Repair Kit

I've got about a $1000 worth of accessories I want to buy for my M3.

Anyone have any comments on any of these:

Model 3 All-Weather Cargo Mats--Front and Rear
Model 3 Wheel Lock Set
Model S/X/3 Cable Organizer
Model S/X/3 Gen 2 Mobile Connector Bundle
Model 3 Car Cover-Indoor
Model 3 Glass Roof Sunshade
Model S/X/3 Paint Repair Kit
The only thing I've bought are longer phone cables, since the OEM version (assuming they have not yet changed them) does not work if your phone has a common case on it. So I bought 2' cables and have them sticking up a few inches so it's easy to plug them in. Doesn't look as pretty as the OEM approach, but since the OEM approach isn't functional for case-users, I'm opting for function over form.

I haven't felt a need for any of the other items you mention, FWIW.

Reactions: windgrins
The only thing I've bought are longer phone cables, since the OEM version (assuming they have not yet changed them) does not work if your phone has a common case on it. So I bought 2' cables and have them sticking up a few inches so it's easy to plug them in. Doesn't look as pretty as the OEM approach, but since the OEM approach isn't functional for case-users, I'm opting for function over form.

I haven't felt a need for any of the other items you mention, FWIW.

Hadn’t thought about the case issue. I have an iphone 7 with otter box, is it likely I’m going to need a longer cable to make that work?

BTW @suwaneedad how do you like the Metallic Silver color now that you’ve had it for a while? Tesla sent an email this morning suggesting that if you order Silver before Friday it MAY be delivered on an expedited basis and mentioned 2 - 4 week timeframe. I ordered MSM almost 11 weeks ago, and Silver was my second choice at that time, so I’m seriously considering the switch if it means I can get the car faster. Thanks for your thoughts!

• Informative
Reactions: larryj
Hadn’t thought about the case issue. I have an iphone 7 with otter box, is it likely I’m going to need a longer cable to make that work?

BTW @suwaneedad how do you like the Metallic Silver color now that you’ve had it for a while? Tesla sent an email this morning suggesting that if you order Silver before Friday it MAY be delivered on an expedited basis and mentioned 2 - 4 week timeframe. I ordered MSM almost 11 weeks ago, and Silver was my second choice at that time, so I’m seriously considering the switch if it means I can get the car faster. Thanks for your thoughts!

I didn't receive that email, but I think I would switch from MSM in a heartbeat if it meant a 2-4 week delivery.

Delivery scheduled for 9/22 (moved up by Tesla from 10/1.) Received my MVPA agreement by e-mail last night (9/11) for electronic signature and completed it. The document contains my VIN. I am waiting for the executed version for my lender. The web portal doesn't yet show the VIN or the updated MVPA.

Still have never heard from anyone local to ATL.

I was able to track my VIN at Delivery Receipts - United Road, though all it shows is transport of the vehicle from the factory to a nearby rail/trucking depot back on 8/31. Don't know where the car is now..... (supposed to arrive ATL 9/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.