Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlanta, GA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice! I’m 11:15, so it seems likely that we will be on site at the same time. Hopefully I’ll be pulling away in a white car!

I got approved by DCCU for 3.29% but think I’m just going to do Tesla financing and the rate match/reimbursement to keep things easy. Also, I stopped by Carmax today to get a really disappointing trade-in appraisal for them to match.

Nice! I’m 11:15, so it seems likely that we will be on site at the same time. Hopefully I’ll be pulling away in a white car!

I got approved by DCCU for 3.29% but think I’m just going to do Tesla financing and the rate match/reimbursement to keep things easy. Also, I stopped by Carmax today to get a really disappointing trade-in appraisal for them to match.

Small world, I’m financing through DCCU, the wife worked for Delta many (mmmaaannnyyy) years ago and we’ve stayed with the CU ever since. If my appointment holds true, I’m sure I’ll show at least 30 minutes early like the typical nerd I am. So yeah, hopefully see you and I’m sure many others that day. Normally I’d be wearing a GT shirt on a fall Saturday, but the last few weeks (years really) have me pretty down about the White and Gold. Maybe I’ll wear a Ron Swanson t-shirt so I’ll be easy to identify!

@EnrgyNDpndnce @rxgigli

I just called Roswell. It was indicated that there are currently no AWDs on site, and same day matches have occurred in the past, but she was far from confident that the scheduled pickup will happen tomorrow.

I am remaining flexible, and think using Tesla financing will be borderline-required if a last minute scramble is to occur. Otherwise, just trying not to get my hopes up too much.

[
@EnrgyNDpndnce @rxgigli

I just called Roswell. It was indicated that there are currently no AWDs on site, and same day matches have occurred in the past, but she was far from confident that the scheduled pickup will happen tomorrow.

I am remaining flexible, and think using Tesla financing will be borderline-required if a last minute scramble is to occur. Otherwise, just trying not to get my hopes up too much.

Well this is a pretty disposing development.... Good luck and I hope you can pick up your car! By chance did you ask them if they had any inventory cars on the lot?

I didn't ask about inventory cars.

It sounds to me like the service centers don't have any visibility upstream, at least right now. All of the scheduling is done by the "Delivery Team" in Fremont, who presumably know what is on the trucks, and where they are headed.

Based on her response (no AWDs on site) I am guessing that all of the "text message" cars are in transit, that the appointments scheduled are intended to align with the configurations on the truck, and that the VINs will be matched once they get there, probably tonight or tomorrow AM.

This would seem to be the best case scenario, and also means that miscounts or cars damaged in shipment will equate to missed deliveries. It also doesn't leave much time for trade-in evals and financing, but if Carmax can do it in 30 min, I don't see why they can't as well.

They called me last night and I scheduled an appointment for 4:00 today. Got a call at 9:30 this morning that they had no car for me. Trying very hard to stay zen about all this, but I'm driving a rental until I receive my new car, so its frustrating.

Mine just disappeared from the website. No contact.

I got a call from the Alphi SC around 12:30 today, so about 24 hours prior to my appointment. Call was to tell me they don’t have a vehicle for me yet, but said they are expecting SEVERAL truckloads of 3s including AWD tonight and tomorrow morning. Caller said don’t lose hope, we’re doing everything we can to match you to a car this weekend, but don’t drive over here without calling us first.

Also have talked to several delivery advisors at the delivery number to make sure all paperwork is in their system. Positive and polite experiences with everyone I’ve talked to. Hoping to get the car tomorrow, but I’m confident if it doesn’t happen then it will in the next few weeks.

Don’t worry, be happy!

I got a call from the Alphi SC around 12:30 today, so about 24 hours prior to my appointment. Call was to tell me they don’t have a vehicle for me yet, but said they are expecting SEVERAL truckloads of 3s including AWD tonight and tomorrow morning. Caller said don’t lose hope, we’re doing everything we can to match you to a car this weekend, but don’t drive over here without calling us first.

Also have talked to several delivery advisors at the delivery number to make sure all paperwork is in their system. Positive and polite experiences with everyone I’ve talked to. Hoping to get the car tomorrow, but I’m confident if it doesn’t happen then it will in the next few weeks.

Don’t worry, be happy!
Thanks for the update! Maybe there is hope!

Got the same call from Alpharetta today. It sounds very much like a last minute scramble to get these cars delivered. It sounded like they didn't know which configs were set to arrive so they will have to see what gets there. Lets see how this goes

Just posted this to AWD Delivery thread and thought I would let my local peeps in Hotlanta know as well...

So I got the text a few hours ago while out for an evening with the wife. The text said basically this is so and so with Tesla and I regret that your Model 3 is not going to be ready on the date we expected. We have to remove you from your scheduled delivery date. We will reach out to you in the next few weeks when the vehicle is ready to reschedule your delivery.

Sure that’s disappointing but I can’t say I was surprised. A week ago I had heard absolutely nothing from Tesla, and now I’m hearing from them every day. If I get my car in the next few weeks all will be well. Good luck to everyone who DOES take delivery this weekend!

Reactions: kevyli
Status
Not open for further replies.