Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlanta, GA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smdh how is this hard to get a car delivered. Just don’t call and schedule until the car is at the showroom ready for pickup...
I suspect one large part of their problem is that they have insufficient parking, so if they wait to call people until the car is at the delivery center, the buyer needs to take the car today before the next truckload of cars arrives. It sounds like they're fixing their shortage of "buffers", but my god, they should have figured that out well in advance.

Reactions: beachbum77
As much as I'm looking forward to getting my Model 3, I'm also dreading it because I assume delivery is going to be a mess.

This is absolutely Tesla's own doing and just part of the growing pains, however, and I can speak from experience, there are many people who's delivery went off without a single hitch. After reading all the stories of people with delivery issues, in the end I got myself all worked up over a whole lot of nothing

Just posted on the AWD thread, I have a VIN! Delivery scheduled for 10/21 in Alpharetta, VIN is 094XXX. So excited, this finally seems real. Hope all you guys that don’t have one already get your VIN and delivery scheduled soon.

I wouldn't count on it just yet if the car isn't at Alpharetta. Last night, I got an email pushing me out for the 5th time to Oct 9th. Called this morning and now my car is in transit scheduled to deliver by Oct 21.

Originally I didn't have a VIN, once I did, car was on a truck in California, Then I was told it was in South Carolina??? Then I was told it was in Alabama, and now it supposedly is on a train! My Tesla is going to run the mileage warranty out before it gets to Atlanta at this rate! :eek:

I've had people take days off work, break appts, reshuffle their flying schedules, so they could take me over to pick up the car on the scheduled date. Tesla is burning up so much good will in this that it is ridiculous. As a shareholder, I'm ashamed of their behavior.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
This kind of experience is really too bad for Tesla. My wife has a Volvo with 205K miles on it and loves driving my LEAF. She was planning on replacing the Volvo with a Tesla. But now, watching the delivery experience she thinks Tesla is just a bunch of liars making stuff up as they go along. She's canceled appts to take me to pick up the car for delivery appts that never happened which is causing her frustration. Considering the different stories I've been told about the cars on trucks in various states, and now on trains, I'm starting to believe that they are just starting to behave like regular dealers telling you anything to push you out.

It's going to be surprising to Tesla how much good will they've blown from this experience to the users.

• Love
This kind of experience is really too bad for Tesla. My wife has a Volvo with 205K miles on it and loves driving my LEAF. She was planning on replacing the Volvo with a Tesla. But now, watching the delivery experience she thinks Tesla is just a bunch of liars making stuff up as they go along. She's canceled appts to take me to pick up the car for delivery appts that never happened which is causing her frustration. Considering the different stories I've been told about the cars on trucks in various states, and now on trains, I'm starting to believe that they are just starting to behave like regular dealers telling you anything to push you out.

It's going to be surprising to Tesla how much good will they've blown from this experience to the users.

Your experience stinks and I’m really sorry you’ve had to go through that. Maybe it’s just my positive nature coming through (ha!), but I truly believe things are getting better especially now that the Q3 push is behind us. Not perfect mind you, but better. And there will be a Q4 push that will likely make a lot of people happy (those who get their cars prior to 1/1/19) and will definitely anger some people (those who do not). Tesla is still experiencing drastic growing pains and unfortunately some of its customers are being hurt as a result. I will point out that every comment I have read from every former sufferer of FIA once they get their car says that we need to hang in there because it is totally worth the wait and frustration. So right now I’m focused on the positive, focused on my Oct. 21st delivery date, as Al Gore would say I am “focused like a laser.”

Your experience stinks and I’m really sorry you’ve had to go through that. Maybe it’s just my positive nature coming through (ha!), but I truly believe things are getting better especially now that the Q3 push is behind us. Not perfect mind you, but better. And there will be a Q4 push that will likely make a lot of people happy (those who get their cars prior to 1/1/19) and will definitely anger some people (those who do not). Tesla is still experiencing drastic growing pains and unfortunately some of its customers are being hurt as a result. I will point out that every comment I have read from every former sufferer of FIA once they get their car says that we need to hang in there because it is totally worth the wait and frustration. So right now I’m focused on the positive, focused on my Oct. 21st delivery date, as Al Gore would say I am “focused like a laser.”

I wrote them a letter giving them actionable feedback. As a shareholder and a strong believer in their mission statement, I very much want them to succeed. But they are moving into the broad mass market which is not going to be all that forgiving like us early adopters. We've all complained about the way dealers act and the public will not be looking to find excuses for Tesla but will be rapidly turned off if this starts to get out of hand because the bears, detractors, and competition are happy to make it all sound like the end of the world when in fact it's just trying to cope in the short term.

Great companies don't use problems as excuses but opportunities to excel so time for Tesla to toughen up and start executing. Much of the public doesn't care about their mission and just want a great car. But pollution doesn't care if people who are oblivious buy their cars and don't emit effluents. Pollution is simply reduced by the numbers of zero emissions cars on the road no matter what their ideology. And to sell to them, Tesla needs to produce great cars and create great experiences for the customers because word of mouth is still the best form of advertising.

Finally picked up my MSM AWD today from Decatur. When I arrived, my car was in the showroom. One of the lady went through all the menus and what they did while we sat in the show room. Then they drove it out and supercharged it for free. Paperwork went very quick and I transferred the funds. While waiting for my car to charge, we found two paint scratches and added that to the Due Bill. Some of the interior lining was dirty so they sprayed it clean. I’m first day reservation holder so they gave me the model car, red. I had to ask for it. Ordered sept 5, first delivery scheduled for sept 30 in Roswell, but cancelled because car was still in transit. Picked up oct 6 from Decatur.

Finally picked up my MSM AWD today from Decatur. When I arrived, my car was in the showroom. One of the lady went through all the menus and what they did while we sat in the show room. Then they drove it out and supercharged it for free. Paperwork went very quick and I transferred the funds. While waiting for my car to charge, we found two paint scratches and added that to the Due Bill. Some of the interior lining was dirty so they sprayed it clean. I’m first day reservation holder so they gave me the model car, red. I had to ask for it. Ordered sept 5, first delivery scheduled for sept 30 in Roswell, but cancelled because car was still in transit. Picked up oct 6 from Decatur.

Awesome, congrats. Sounds like your delivery experience was a good one overall. I’m scheduled to pick up my MSM AWD two weeks from today in Alpharetta, so here’s hoping that holds and the experience is just as good. Enjoy your car!

Awesome, congrats. Sounds like your delivery experience was a good one overall. I’m scheduled to pick up my MSM AWD two weeks from today in Alpharetta, so here’s hoping that holds and the experience is just as good. Enjoy your car!

Yes. I warned my wife to expect the worse. But when we left, she said that was a very good experience. The people are extremely nice and helpful

Yes. I warned my wife to expect the worse. But when we left, she said that was a very good experience. The people are extremely nice and helpful

well, it turned out that even though I paid for EAP, they never enabled it on my car. I drove over 100 miles and saw nothing. Called them, waited an hour, and they confirmed that although I paid for EAP, it's not enabled for my car. So, he said they're going to turn it on over the air: taking anywhere from 3-10 days .

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
@Dan Detweiler - Hey Dan, I noticed on the AWD thread you mentioned Alpharetta was not open today, is that correct? I know they were open last Sunday, but that may have only been for the Q3 push. Concerns me though b/c my delivery is scheduled for 2 weeks from today, on a Sunday. Curious if anyone else has a Sunday delivery scheduled at Alpharetta.

@Dan Detweiler - Hey Dan, I noticed on the AWD thread you mentioned Alpharetta was not open today, is that correct? I know they were open last Sunday, but that may have only been for the Q3 push. Concerns me though b/c my delivery is scheduled for 2 weeks from today, on a Sunday. Curious if anyone else has a Sunday delivery scheduled at Alpharetta.
I am sure they would probably do a Sunday deliver if requested. A truck arrived with a half dozen Model 3s while I was there. I assume somebody from Tesla had to be somewhere nearby to take delivery...just didn't see anyone.

Dan

• Helpful
Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce

Im scheduled for next Sunday. I assume Roswell is Alpharetta ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.