Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlanta, GA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on finally getting him Enrgy. My day 2 and I have to admit the car is a charm. Adaptive cruise control and autopilot work amazingly well. Wife and I went to a concert tonight and we had the luxury of parking near the entrance as that’s where the free EV chargers were. Got to use my adapter for the first time and bring in a solid 50 miles of charge. Amazes me how many free and low cost public chargers exist out there. Very important as I don’t have a simple or cost effective solution to install a lvl 2 charger at home. Have lvl 1 and it will have to do.

Gonna keep this short and sweet so I can get back to learning about my car / playing with my favorite new toy! Took delivery tonight, they were running an hour or so behind so we grabbed dinner nearby, came back and then were in and out in less than 30 minutes. Too dark to really see much but from what I could tell the car / paint / panels etc all looked very good. Will check carefully tomorrow in the daylight (if there is any) and they said we have 48 hours to report any issues.

The car is amazing. I mean A-freakin-Mazing! That Tesla grin everyone talks about is so real. Jumped on GA 400 and put the hammer down. Not even all the way, about 3/4 of full throttle, and oh...my...gosh. Even my wife (who is scared of this car) got the grin after that, then she immediately looked at me and said “Please don’t do that again.” :)

The waiting is terrible and yes, the process leading up to delivery is full of inexcusable errors. But totally worth it now.

OK, I’m headed back out to drive Tiberius some more. That’s his name (yes, my car is a dude). Those of you old enough and nerdy enough (like me) will get the reference.
Congratulations man! I am really happy for you. Now you need to bring it by Fire and Brimstone today at 1:30 and show her off!

Dan

Reactions: kxcobain
Congratulations man! I am really happy for you. Now you need to bring it by Fire and Brimstone today at 1:30 and show her off!

Dan

Thanks Dan! I saw your post about Fire and Brimstone, gonna do my best to make it but my honey-do list is substantial today and well, since she just “let” me buy the most expensive (by far) car we’ve ever purchased I feel obligated to get a few things done for her. If I don’t make it today (or even if I do) I hope you’ll continue to meet, would love to get together with fellow Tesla / EV enthusiasts and talk shop!

Reactions: windgrins
Congrats on finally getting him Enrgy. My day 2 and I have to admit the car is a charm. Adaptive cruise control and autopilot work amazingly well. Wife and I went to a concert tonight and we had the luxury of parking near the entrance as that’s where the free EV chargers were. Got to use my adapter for the first time and bring in a solid 50 miles of charge. Amazes me how many free and low cost public chargers exist out there. Very important as I don’t have a simple or cost effective solution to install a lvl 2 charger at home. Have lvl 1 and it will have to do.

That’s awesome! Curious where you and your bride attended that concert. Was it by chance Gwinnett Arena (or whatever they are calling it nowadays)? I have seen those chargers but wasn’t sure if they were free / always open.

Thanks Dan! I saw your post about Fire and Brimstone, gonna do my best to make it but my honey-do list is substantial today and well, since she just “let” me buy the most expensive (by far) car we’ve ever purchased I feel obligated to get a few things done for her. If I don’t make it today (or even if I do) I hope you’ll continue to meet, would love to get together with fellow Tesla / EV enthusiasts and talk shop!
Hey, a man's gotta eat...might as well be at F&B this afternoon! Bring the wife along. I'll even buy you guys a drink!

Dan

Hey, a man's gotta eat...might as well be at F&B this afternoon! Bring the wife along. I'll even buy you guys a drink!

Dan

Ha ha, indeed. Ok you talked me into it, I’ll see you over there at 1:30 this afternoon. Looking forward to meeting you and any others who may attend. Mentioned to the wife she could join us and she gave me a polite smile and said “you boys have fun.”

Gonna keep this short and sweet so I can get back to learning about my car / playing with my favorite new toy! Took delivery tonight, they were running an hour or so behind so we grabbed dinner nearby, came back and then were in and out in less than 30 minutes. Too dark to really see much but from what I could tell the car / paint / panels etc all looked very good. Will check carefully tomorrow in the daylight (if there is any) and they said we have 48 hours to report any issues.

The car is amazing. I mean A-freakin-Mazing! That Tesla grin everyone talks about is so real. Jumped on GA 400 and put the hammer down. Not even all the way, about 3/4 of full throttle, and oh...my...gosh. Even my wife (who is scared of this car) got the grin after that, then she immediately looked at me and said “Please don’t do that again.” :)

The waiting is terrible and yes, the process leading up to delivery is full of inexcusable errors. But totally worth it now.

OK, I’m headed back out to drive Tiberius some more. That’s his name (yes, my car is a dude). Those of you old enough and nerdy enough (like me) will get the reference.

I've been following your saga over in the AWD delivery thread and glad to find your update here. Congrats and yes, all that went before does kind of melt away once you're driving the car. Looks like GA finally got their shipments. Happy for everyone.

My car has been in the pop up center for due bill and it's been agonizing waiting for it to be done. So hard to relinquish once you've had it! Only had a it a short time before I got my due bill appointment and didn't want to drive it until I would get it back from the detailer for PPF (roads out here are bad and trying to avoid paint issues). However car's been there twice now as first time there they didn't address our panel issues. Been without it since first week in October. Think I'm getting it back on Monday and really hope I'm done then. Missed two scheduled appointments for PPF in the meantime and now will have to wait longer. I know once this is all done I'll be back to happy camper. I did spend a bit of time in it learning the different features and heck just enjoyed sitting in it listening to the sound system but it's meant for so much more!

Hey folks, we had a great time at the meet and greet thus afternoon. If you were there, THANKS! It was great meeting you all. If not, we plan on doing this again soon so hopefully we can meet you then.

One of the things to come out of the meetup is the link posted below. We will be posting events and outings here. Please take a minute and go over and sign up. I think it will be a great resource to use for people that are new to the area or new to Tesla.

We all look forward to meeting you all!

Dan

Check out Tesla Enthusiasts of Atlanta Create a Meetup Account on Meetup

• Informative
Reactions: Rodrique78
Hey folks, we had a great time at the meet and greet thus afternoon. If you were there, THANKS! It was great meeting you all. If not, we plan on doing this again soon so hopefully we can meet you then.

One of the things to come out of the meetup is the link posted below. We will be posting events and outings here. Please take a minute and go over and sign up. I think it will be a great resource to use for people that are new to the area or new to Tesla.

Dan

Sounds good Dan - sorry I was not able to attend today but definitely looking forward to meeting folks soon at the next one!

Reactions: windgrins

Dan

Glad it went well. I spent my afternoon at the Alpharetta service center. They were pretty busy and it took around 3.5 hours total. I’m happy to say I have my Model 3. There are a few minor issues (mostly paint) which will be addressed later. I haven’t had much time in the car (that’s tomorrow), but so far, I love it.

Big thanks to @gtphotog who actually did my new owner orientation. He was there with a co-worker who was taking delivery as well. Since they were behind, they tried to do the orientation in a group of three. That was complicated by the fact that my car wasn’t close enough for me to play along. gtphotog asked the Tesla employee if he could show me the car’s features as he took delivery previously and knew the content. She obliged so I got the TMC version of the new owner orientation.

gtphotog did a great job and I was able to add his referral code to my account. Win-win for each of us and I’m glad he got something for his trouble. I appreciate that he was willing to take the time to help complete my delivery and get me out of there more quickly.

So my wife and I had some business in Midtown this morning and planned to eat lunch at the Flying Biscuit after. However we found out there was a gay pride event going on in Midtown which had every restaurant packed and traffic worse than usual. So we headed to the FB in Sandy Springs to meet our daughter and her boyfriend (ug) for lunch. That meant we were quite close to Alpharetta so after lunch we headed to the Service Center to check things out. Busy but not crazy. The guy there (tall mustache guy) did tell me Alpharetta delivered over 500 Model 3s last month making it the busiest Model 3 Center on the east coast. Took this photo of several large crates that apparently contain Model 3 batteries b/c I found it interesting. 8 days and counting until I take delivery, can’t wait!

Ha! saw those same packs when I took delivery of our Silver AWD the day prior. Not sure how I feel about already seeing Model 3 replacement packs.

Ha! saw those same packs when I took delivery of our Silver AWD the day prior. Not sure how I feel about already seeing Model 3 replacement packs.
As a service center they have to have replacement packs on hand in case of accidents or damage that owners may encounter. I'm glad they have them. It would suck to have to ship the car back to Freemont or Sparks for replacement or repair.

Dan

That’s awesome! Curious where you and your bride attended that concert. Was it by chance Gwinnett Arena (or whatever they are calling it nowadays)? I have seen those chargers but wasn’t sure if they were free / always open.
It was exactly that arena. Now called Infinite Energy Center (very fitting). I’m using PlugShare to find public chargers as I don’t have a high powered solution at home. The arena opens them up free to EVs during events only (at least that’s what I read). Believe it was around 24-25 miles per hour of charge.

I was wondering can you tell the “build date” from the vin #?
No. There are lots of unused VINs that Tesla later goes ahead and builds. You can see it visually at the bottom left corner of the VIN tab of the following spreadsheet: Teslike Model 3 Order Tracker #3

pubchart

Wow that’s some spreadsheet..... thank you for taking the time to share
This workbook built by others is amazing and is a way to reduce pre-delivery stress. It's a true gift from other Tesla junkies.
It's also been a huge help to me as a Tesla shareholder; can predict pretty well how Q4 volume and therefore cash/profit are going to come in, and trade the stock accordingly.
Cheers.

Lots of good news in here! Congrats all!

My turn. My LR RWD solid black car (ordered on 10/7) was delivered to Decatur instead of Alpharetta, but it's on the lot ready for delivery tomorrow!

Doing my best to see if I can pick it up today.

Also – word of advice for anyone waiting: if you have questions that are unanswered, call until you get them answered. My delivery advisor has been nearly radio silent.

Status
Not open for further replies.