Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlanta, GA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of good news in here! Congrats all!

My turn. My LR RWD solid black car (ordered on 10/7) was delivered to Decatur instead of Alpharetta, but it's on the lot ready for delivery tomorrow!

Doing my best to see if I can pick it up today.

Also – word of advice for anyone waiting: if you have questions that are unanswered, call until you get them answered. My delivery advisor has been nearly radio silent.

Awesome!!! Congrats and good luck! Enjoy it!

I actually ended up going to the Alpharetta store this weekend, since I wasn't getting much over the phone or email, but I got the same no-news in person. On track to get delivered in November, but no VIN assigned or a delivery date confirmed. Since I don't have either of those, I don't have a delivery advisor assigned either.

Lots of good news in here! Congrats all!

My turn. My LR RWD solid black car (ordered on 10/7) was delivered to Decatur instead of Alpharetta, but it's on the lot ready for delivery tomorrow!

Doing my best to see if I can pick it up today.

Also – word of advice for anyone waiting: if you have questions that are unanswered, call until you get them answered. My delivery advisor has been nearly radio silent.

Completely agree. Radio silent from my delivery advisor. Sent him the info he requested early last Thursday with a couple of questions. Ended up calling and getting the questions answered by the hotline.

Reactions: kxcobain
Did anyone here have any due bill work done on their car following delivery?

I picked up on Saturday in Alpharetta and a manager created a due bill based on my review of the car. I was told I didn't need a copy as it would go into my account and I could have the work done at any Tesla service center.

Yesterday I created a service appointment for Friday at the Decatur service center, in an effort to get a service appointment this week. In the notes I mentioned that this was for due bill work.

Later I got concerned that I may not have followed the correct procedure. Maybe they are supposed to call me? So I called Alpharetta and the same manager that created my due bill told me they had just had a meeting about this and what I did (create a service appointment and mention the due bill in the notes) was the exact process they were told to communicate to customers.

Later Decatur calls me and tells me I have to get the service done in Alpharetta. They will contact me once parts arrive.

So I guess I'll cancel the Friday Decatur appointment and hope someone reaches out to me. I thought my issues were completely cosmetic, but I realized on Sunday that one was a bit more serious. There's a gap between the driver's side rear door and the quarter panel. No big deal, it's hardly noticeable. But when that door is shut, the window rolls down slightly, which means it makes slight contact with the glass panel behind the window. The two panes of glass make enough contact that it sounds like a gunshot going off if you're in the car. I'm worried it might damage the glass. The solution for now is to roll down the window before closing that door. Anyway, I'd like to get that fixed ASAP, so I'm hoping Tesla stays on top of due bill work.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Did anyone here have any due bill work done on their car following delivery?

I picked up on Saturday in Alpharetta and a manager created a due bill based on my review of the car. I was told I didn't need a copy as it would go into my account and I could have the work done at any Tesla service center.

Yesterday I created a service appointment for Friday at the Decatur service center, in an effort to get a service appointment this week. In the notes I mentioned that this was for due bill work.

Later I got concerned that I may not have followed the correct procedure. Maybe they are supposed to call me? So I called Alpharetta and the same manager that created my due bill told me they had just had a meeting about this and what I did (create a service appointment and mention the due bill in the notes) was the exact process they were told to communicate to customers.

Later Decatur calls me and tells me I have to get the service done in Alpharetta. They will contact me once parts arrive.

So I guess I'll cancel the Friday Decatur appointment and hope someone reaches out to me. I thought my issues were completely cosmetic, but I realized on Sunday that one was a bit more serious. There's a gap between the driver's side rear door and the quarter panel. No big deal, it's hardly noticeable. But when that door is shut, the window rolls down slightly, which means it makes slight contact with the glass panel behind the window. The two panes of glass make enough contact that it sounds like a gunshot going off if you're in the car. I'm worried it might damage the glass. The solution for now is to roll down the window before closing that door. Anyway, I'd like to get that fixed ASAP, so I'm hoping Tesla stays on top of due bill work.

Wow. You should definitely get that fixed ASAP.

As far as proper process goes, it's best to be extremely proactive and annoying. Tesla is running ultra lean and dealing with thousands of customers. So far every one I've talked to has been courteous and helpful, but you need to be the one that moves things forward. Otherwise you'll get left in a ticket system.

---

Great news: I took delivery yesterday in Decatur a day early! Bad news: The manager of the service center had never heard of anyone taking delivery of 19" sport wheels and getting swapped for aeros later on. Their only attempt to ensure I got the aeros was to downgrade me to a LEMR and give up the car I had already set up. Laughable. So I filed a customer service ticket with "escalate to executive team" checked to see if they will honor their promise.

Apparently the cars and parts are so backed up that you are literally matched with a 100% built car. Any swap means you have to be matched with another car, and someone else takes yours. Excellent efficiency, but terrible for mistakes.

I'm beyond ecstatic about the car and am really enjoying the 19" sport wheels' suspension, but I can tell I"m going to need the aeros for the range. My 8 mile drive to work today burned 15 "miles of range". Yes, I had the heated seats and music going, but that's nearly double the estimate...

As far as proper process goes, it's best to be extremely proactive and annoying. Tesla is running ultra lean and dealing with thousands of customers. So far every one I've talked to has been courteous and helpful, but you need to be the one that moves things forward. Otherwise you'll get left in a ticket system.

---

Great news: I took delivery yesterday in Decatur a day early! Bad news: The manager of the service center had never heard of anyone taking delivery of 19" sport wheels and getting swapped for aeros later on. Their only attempt to ensure I got the aeros was to downgrade me to a LEMR and give up the car I had already set up. Laughable. So I filed a customer service ticket with "escalate to executive team" checked to see if they will honor their promise.

Apparently the cars and parts are so backed up that you are literally matched with a 100% built car. Any swap means you have to be matched with another car, and someone else takes yours. Excellent efficiency, but terrible for mistakes.

I'm beyond ecstatic about the car and am really enjoying the 19" sport wheels' suspension, but I can tell I"m going to need the aeros for the range. My 8 mile drive to work today burned 15 "miles of range". Yes, I had the heated seats and music going, but that's nearly double the estimate...

I wish my delivery team would have let me take delivery of the wrong wheels. My stuff changed the same night yours did if I remember right. I would much rather be dealing with getting the right wheels rather than being a month in to an estimated 2 week delivery with no match in sight. >_<

The two panes of glass make enough contact that it sounds like a gunshot going off if you're in the car.
Man, I would do one or several things to cover my ass in that scenario: ensure it is clearly stated as an issue on my due bill that I also have a copy of; call into the 800# tonight and explain the issue to the rep and get their name and email address, then email them after the call about the issue; record a cell phone video of the issue (with sound) and attach that to the email you send to service. This way you're covered, all while trying to Tesla solve the issue efficiently. The videos really do help; they can then decide whether it's a mobile service thing or a service center thing, for example. Good luck.

This is pretty crazy, and won't be resolved with 18s vs 19s.
In my experience thus far, my real-world range at 80mph, with uncovered 18s at 40psi) is ~80% of stated range.
I've not heard of anyone getting 50%, with 19s, or 20s for that matter.
Do you by chance commute at 120mph?

haha I would say I averaged ~ 45mph. Perhaps the battery is difficult to keep charged at higher range? I charged it to 308 knowing I was going on a trip after work.

I've actually changed my mind about the range. Yesterday was my first trip, and it turned out way beyond expectations. I did the following:

Drove to work (~9 miles),
Drove around at lunch showing a buddy,
Drove to hometown (~50 miles)
Picked up parents
Drove to dinner
Drove brother then let him drive
Dropped parents off
Drove my cousins
Let cousin (who owns a ‘69 Chevy Camaro) drive a “course” of back roads,
Drove home (~50 miles)

In total that burned 216 “miles of range” with heated seats, headlights, GPS, blaring Ibiza Global Radio, and plenty of “launching”. Keep in mind the future $35k Tesla battery will be 225 miles or range :)

The long range Model 3 really is long range!

Also – holy bejesus does Autopilot really does make roadtrips relaxing. It's wild to see what people choose to do on the road out of boredom. I just chilled in the middle or right lane going 5 over the speed limit the entire time cool as a cucumber.

I wish my delivery team would have let me take delivery of the wrong wheels. My stuff changed the same night yours did if I remember right. I would much rather be dealing with getting the right wheels rather than being a month in to an estimated 2 week delivery with no match in sight. >_<

Oof. I'm sorry to hear that. Best of luck getting it quickly.

Again, call call call! Escalate! They DID change your car without your consent.

Reactions: KnoxEVfan
Al
haha I would say I averaged ~ 45mph. Perhaps the battery is difficult to keep charged at higher range? I charged it to 308 knowing I was going on a trip after work.

I've actually changed my mind about the range. Yesterday was my first trip, and it turned out way beyond expectations. I did the following:

Drove to work (~9 miles),
Drove around at lunch showing a buddy,
Drove to hometown (~50 miles)
Picked up parents
Drove to dinner
Drove brother then let him drive
Dropped parents off
Drove my cousins
Let cousin (who owns a ‘69 Chevy Camaro) drive a “course” of back roads,
Drove home (~50 miles)

In total that burned 216 “miles of range” with heated seats, headlights, GPS, blaring Ibiza Global Radio, and plenty of “launching”. Keep in mind the future $35k Tesla battery will be 225 miles or range :)

The long range Model 3 really is long range!

Also – holy bejesus does Autopilot really does make roadtrips relaxing. It's wild to see what people choose to do on the road out of boredom. I just chilled in the middle or right lane going 5 over the speed limit the entire time cool as a cucumber.

Oof. I'm sorry to hear that. Best of luck getting it quickly.

Again, call call call! Escalate! They DID change your car without your consent.
All I can say is look back at your post in a few months and you'll have a good laugh at your own expense.
Any current worries (car not holding a charge well at high SOC for example) will fade into the abyss.
Cheers.

• Love
Reactions: iammesol
Man, I would do one or several things to cover my ass in that scenario: ensure it is clearly stated as an issue on my due bill that I also have a copy of; call into the 800# tonight and explain the issue to the rep and get their name and email address, then email them after the call about the issue; record a cell phone video of the issue (with sound) and attach that to the email you send to service. This way you're covered, all while trying to Tesla solve the issue efficiently. The videos really do help; they can then decide whether it's a mobile service thing or a service center thing, for example. Good luck.

I called the main Tesla service number yesterday. After explaining everything and the rep on the phone checking with the service center, I was told to keep my appointment in Decatur on Friday. So hopefully I'll either get it fixed tomorrow or at least setup another appointment to get it fixed.

I was really impressed with my call to service. I had to wait on hold for 15+ minutes, but the person I talked to was helpful and really seemed to appreciate my concern about the glass issue.

I called the main Tesla service number yesterday. After explaining everything and the rep on the phone checking with the service center, I was told to keep my appointment in Decatur on Friday. So hopefully I'll either get it fixed tomorrow or at least setup another appointment to get it fixed.

I was really impressed with my call to service. I had to wait on hold for 15+ minutes, but the person I talked to was helpful and really seemed to appreciate my concern about the glass issue.

I've always been very impressed when I called into Tesla. Outside of the wait time the people are always very calm, collected and have been able to help quickly.

Good luck tomorrow, hope everything goes well.

Update: Advisor just entered in my trade-in and allowed me to proceed to the drafting up your contract screen. What comes after this screen? Should I be checking the website or looking for paperwork in the mail?

To take delivery, you'll need to either make a payment using the portal or bring a check for the amount listed.

I still haven't received my lending account 3 days later. Supposedly the bank will send you a paper letter.

I have a delivery date, y’all. November 16th, 8pm at my house.

Cannot. Freakin. Wait.

Congrats! Let us know how the home delivery process works :)

Good advice about service issues.

At least you don't drive a Leaf. But yeah, that kind of battery drain is worrisome.

Took delivery today on schedule (this time) - was contacted yesterday to confirm that appt was still on for today and that they had received the BofA loan portion of the payment. Still was apprehensive about last minute issues - kept thinking I would get a call before driving over to the service center - but luckily no drama.

Got to the Alpharetta service center right at 10:30, my appt time. There were 3-4 others taking delivery @ the same time. Had a joint orientation with another couple - which was fine as I had previously rented a M3 for a couple of days and had actually read the manual pretty much cover to cover (I know - pretty hard up for entertainment!).

I have to say the car was in excellent condition - panel gaps were fine - no issues with door, trunk or frunk alignment - software was already at 2018.42.2 level. Had already been charged to 280+ miles of range - so no problem getting where I needed to go after delivery.

Autopilot calibrated within the first 25 miles or so - on the way to work in Duluth. Also should mention that my turn signals do not suffer from the problem that a lot of folks have had where the left hand signal does not operate correctly - so that was nice to avoid having to deal with that service visit right off the top.

Will post a pic or two when I get the chance - too busy enjoying the ride :)

Status
Not open for further replies.