TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Atlanta to Dallas via New Orleans

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by cmf, Sep 17, 2015.

1. cmf

cmf Member

I'm considering a trip from Atlanta to Dallas via New Orleans (and back) in November. Car is a 70D, single charger, 19" wheels. Want to see if anyone has any tips or stories or gotchas to pass along.

I plan on breaking it up in 2 days staying at a destination hotel with an HPWC around New Orleans.

The only concern I could see is Lake Charles SC to Houston Service Center, otherwise I think the trip is very doable.

I'm on plugshare, so that will be a source. I do not have the CHAdeMO adapter, but would consider it if need be.

That time of year temps are usually in the 50's (have done this trip in an ICE along I-20 a few times), so probably no heat needed.

If I enter this trip into the NAV on the S, it will re-route me north through Chicago and Denver.
    I've been playing around with EVTripplanner as well which is giving me confidence that it will be fine.

Thanks for any discussions.

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

The Nav system works best when only the next destination is entered.

3. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Bannd Member

#3 SW2Fiddler, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    The CHAdeMO station in New Orleans, Rouses Market, will loan you their Tesla adapter during store hours - 6AM to Midnight I believe. Ask at the Customer Service Counter and tell 'em the Fiddler sent you!
    [emoji6]

http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/44919

This might open up your hotel options considerably...