Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audible

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

harmoon

May 26, 2023
Uk
Hi All,

I have a Model 3 on order and I listen to alot of audible books whilst driving. I checked online and it appears the Tesla software doesn't have an audible app available.

Just wanted to know what workarounds people have used and how well they work? I read you can Bluetooth your phone however that means I can only control the app via the phone which is not ideal whilst driving.

If anyone had figured out a way to listen to the books and control from the car screen itself please let me know your process.

Thanks in advance

I use Bluetooth. To be honest. I set a book playing, and I don't need more controls. Rocking the left wheel control skips forward and backward. Useful if I missed something or want to re-listen, but otherwise...
Ah this is perfect, I didnt realise you could control skipping forward and backward as that's pretty much the only control that I need. Thanks for sharing

Reactions: Lee Davis
Hi All,

I have a Model 3 on order and I listen to alot of audible books whilst driving. I checked online and it appears the Tesla software doesn't have an audible app available.

Just wanted to know what workarounds people have used and how well they work? I read you can Bluetooth your phone however that means I can only control the app via the phone which is not ideal whilst driving.

If anyone had figured out a way to listen to the books and control from the car screen itself please let me know your process.

Thanks in advance
Loss of Apple Car Play is the biggest disappointment in my Tesla. Besides Audible, Google Maps is terrible compared to Waze. There is a third party product that adds Apple Car Play to a Tesla but I’ve not purchased it… Yet.

Last edited: