Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio issues using voice command or search

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone experienced the inability to access songs utilizing Slacker? For instance, if you use either voice command or search for Taylor Swift "Style" (not necessarily my choice but our house is full of female pre-teens) Slacker will display the the song but by selecting that choice using the touchscreen "Style Radio" appears and will and play a completely different song. The result is that there is no way to play Taylor Swift "Style" as either using voice or search will result in playing a different song.

SImilar to Hey Siri if you say something like:
Hey Siri, Tell Matt, Amanda thinks you're cute. It will try to find someone in your contacts named Matt Amanda.
Where as Hey Siri, Tell Matt, I'll be home in 15 minutes works just fine.
L,
Thanks for responding, however, this is a bit different. Any way that you try to rephrase the command leads (in this particular case) back to a response that displays "Style Radio", not the song "Style". That being said, it could be a Slacker and not a Tesla issue.

Swesson---you are correct in that you can select and play any given song initially, however, problems develop when you try to play the same song repeatedly.
I called Tesla today and it is a Slacker issue. Unlike Spotify or others (where you can pick and play any song repeatedly or opt for shuffle) Slacker operates by random shuffle that will rotate thru songs of a similar genre once you've played the chosen song once and subsequently try to play it again. Apparently Slacker doesn't have the capability for individual song selection once you played a song initially.

Loganintx---you'll love the show. My daughter and several of her pals went to one of TS Soldier's Field shows here in Chicago and said it was phenomenal. And that was a 60k person outdoor stadium where everything is visually compromised.

However, she and her pals said the FWDs are even more phenomenal...