TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Vendor August 22nd Free Rinse less car wash clinic! Clean with 4 gallons of water!

Discussion in 'California' started by Joseph Torbati, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Joseph Torbati

Joseph Torbati Local Vendor - NorCal

Hi guys and gals! I want to put a clinic together to show Tesla owners how to do a proper rinse less car wash! With the California drought it's really hard to wash your car the traditional way in your drive way. Well I've washing with 4 gallons of water with great success for years and would like to share this know how with the Tesla Community. I'll be hosting this at my shop in Walnut Creek and will have my self and full staff available so we can do hands on demonstrations of this. Since I offer this service to any of my customers and have had such a great response with it I figured the must be others out there would like to learn. If your interested in please respond to this thread. We will get started at 10am and go all day depending on how many people show up. After Demo's I will have area's set up for you to practice on your own car, or if we use yours a demo we will wash it for you! There is no charge for this just doing our part to give back and help with the draught conditions.
    AEB8BA45-60DD-478D-9385-3857A4B0F93F_zpstac3fzfy.jpg
    DSC_0267_zpszakkfgni.jpg
    TeslaExterior_zpsae025382.jpg

The date I have planned for this is August 22nd Saturday. I'm reaching out to Tesla but your more than welcome to bring any car you would like. I also plan on doing some video's that with a volunteer or two to a camera guy/gal(I have a great camera) so I can put up instruction videos!

Thank you,
    Joseph Torbati
    Bay Area OCDetail

2. roblab

roblab Active Member

In the interests of saving water, I have been using less than a gallon of distilled water in a pressurized sprayer. The sprayer cost me about $5, the water is about 90 cents (no spots), and just about all of it evaporates.

I spray the car to get off the larger particulates. Usually it's just plain road dust. Then I microfiber it dry. NO soap. I usually do a 3M spray carnuba wax to replace what I might wipe off. I have been doing this about a year, and my car ends up looking all shiny bright, just like yours. Anyone who knows me knows my car pretty much always looks good.

My wife and I do the car with about 15 minutes of together time. I do all the upper level stuff, glass, hood, nose and rear hatch, and she does the below the belt buff up and vacuuming. I recommend it! Then there's another 5 minutes telling each other how good the car looks all cleaned up.

My other comment is that there are a lot of people who never wash their cars and let someone else do it. I don't do this to save money, per se, but because all you auto detailers are way off in the city, and I'm not. And I think I do a better job than the car wash places, in general.

3. JPP

JPP Active Member

Joe--I'll try to come by to lend moral support. Depends on work schedule. You can pick which S I should bring for you to show off...:)

4. Joseph Torbati

Thanks Jpp!! The Shop Address is 2145 N broadway and we will getting started at 10am! I'll bump this thread once a week till the day! Looking forward to it!

5. Joseph Torbati

Just a bump to remind that my rinse less wash clinic is available to anyone who wants to come on the 22nd!

6. Joseph Torbati

Just a bump! Ill have Coffee and snacks set up as well free samples of the water less wash solution I like to use for those who would like them. Thanks everyone really looking forward to the 22nd!

7. Joseph Torbati

Bump! Tomorrow is the big day! Will start washing Demo's at the top of every hour starting at 10am. Thank you!

8. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Hey Joe!

Thanks for putting a pic of my girl in your post (the Steel Grey one)!

9. JPP

JPP Active Member

Thanks for holding the clinic....too bad my S85 was already spotless...)

10. Joseph Torbati

Thanks everyone! Clinic went great, Ill post up the video's as soon as done editing!

11. sxnahm

sxnahm Member

Joe, looking forward to seeing the video when you post it -- any update on when that will be coming?

12. Joseph Torbati

My Videographer is taking for ever! I will post as soon as I have it I promise!