Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received the same text. No VIN. EDD 12/29-12/31:

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be built in the next 2-3 days.

Select your appointment now at tesla.com/schedule/##

We may reach out to schedule a new appointment if your Model Y arrives earlier or later than we currently expect.

I called and they said they’re trying to get as many cars out before the end of the year. That if unavailable, they’ll place me in hold.

Now trying to determine if I should just go on hold for the chance of the tax credit…
I am not going to lie, I really doubt the tax credit thing will happen, but I am cautiously optimistic with this push, it seems they are tying to deliver as many cars as possible in the next few days of this year
it's just interesting that you get a delivery text with no VIN and nothing, just outright, hey come get your car

Reactions: DrGriz

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be built in the next 2-3 days.

We may reach out to schedule a new appointment if your Model Y arrives earlier or later than we currently expect.

I called and they said they’re trying to get as many cars out before the end of the year. That if unavailable, they’ll place me in hold.

Now trying to determine if I should just go on hold for the chance of the tax credit…
Yup that’s the same exact text I received. I went ahead and scheduled delivery for 12/31 hoping for a delay. If not, at least my car will be waiting in my driveway when I get home.

Finally! Picked up our red with black interior MYLR 5 seater yesterday. Surprisingly good fit and finish. Minor passenger side rear D7577CC6-A162-4CAD-94A8-EA796A9A43DB.jpegBFD77EB6-0377-472D-BAE3-ED8E441DA3BA.jpeg door alignment issue (black strip at bottom of window sticks out maybe 1/8th inch too far at back where door opening meets rear quarter window black strip. Nothing else seems wrong. I’ll wait another day before I request appointment to fix. They probably will say it’s within spec and if so…no big deal. I’m really happy with car.

I am not going to lie, I really doubt the tax credit thing will happen, but I am cautiously optimistic with this push, it seems they are tying to deliver as many cars as possible in the next few days of this year
it's just interesting that you get a delivery text with no VIN and nothing, just outright, hey come get your car
I too think that the possibility of an EV credit is very low. No point in delaying delivery. If Progressives had to pick a couple of budget line items, they would dump the EV credits and SALT exemption for "wealthy" Americans and go for income tested (but no work requirement) childcare monthly payments. It is an election year and with raging inflation, moderates are going to be reluctant to continue on the tax and spend strategy. In the end it will depend on Manchin. I personally think it is inflation is going to create havoc for lower income Americans. Spending more is only going to make it worse. US Treasury's iSavings bonds are yielding 7% right now. The next reset may be at 5%. Nice place to park funds not needed for 15 months or more. Only issue is it has a limit of $10k per person per year ($20k per couple). That would be $40k over December-January. My point is EV tax rebates are dead, but no one is saying so in DC to avoid damage to their image for not having environment as a priority.

Reactions: eric.freeman
Finally! Picked up our red with black interior MYLR 5 seater yesterday. Surprisingly good fit and finish. Minor passenger side rearView attachment 749082View attachment 749083 door alignment issue (black strip at bottom of window sticks out maybe 1/8th inch too far at back where door opening meets rear quarter window black strip. Nothing else seems wrong. I’ll wait another day before I request appointment to fix. They probably will say it’s within spec and if so…no big deal. I’m really happy with car.
Red look stunning. Unfortunately, by the time I realized I wanted a Red one, the prices had escalated and so decided not to change my configuration. But If I like our first Tesla, I will dump our second Lexus as well and go for another Tesla. Interestingly yesterday, my wife's car not having run for a week, needed a jump start. We have several days of negative (F) night temperatures for next 2 weeks and even the best of garages become very cold here in MN. A Tesla connected to the wall connector would be really cool for winter months in North central US/mid-west.

Reactions: pgcoco
I too think that the possibility of an EV credit is very low. No point in delaying delivery. If Progressives had to pick a couple of budget line items, they would dump the EV credits and SALT exemption for "wealthy" Americans and go for income tested (but no work requirement) childcare monthly payments. It is an election year and with raging inflation, moderates are going to be reluctant to continue on the tax and spend strategy. In the end it will depend on Manchin. I personally think it is inflation is going to create havoc for lower income Americans. Spending more is only going to make it worse. US Treasury's iSavings bonds are yielding 7% right now. The next reset may be at 5%. Nice place to park funds not needed for 15 months or more. Only issue is it has a limit of $10k per person per year ($20k per couple). That would be $40k over December-January. My point is EV tax rebates are dead, but no one is saying so in DC to avoid damage to their image for not having environment as a priority.
That’s what DC is good for, theatricality & Deception

• Funny
Reactions: 45thParallel
Finally! Picked up our red with black interior MYLR 5 seater yesterday. Surprisingly good fit and finish. Minor passenger side rearView attachment 749082View attachment 749083 door alignment issue (black strip at bottom of window sticks out maybe 1/8th inch too far at back where door opening meets rear quarter window black strip. Nothing else seems wrong. I’ll wait another day before I request appointment to fix. They probably will say it’s within spec and if so…no big deal. I’m really happy with car.
Looks great Congrats man!

If you want more detailed photos let me know.

Also just a heads up for anyone in snow belts. I used 3d maxspider type mats for the past decade. No more! Tuxmats are amazing.
If you don’t mind…how the Tuxmats look inside. Not only do we have the same build but the same choice in mats. Mine are sitting in a guest room just waiting for a MYLR.

If you don’t mind…how the Tuxmats look inside. Not only do we have the same build but the same choice in mats. Mine are sitting in a guest room just waiting for a MYLR.
In the next day or so will pop some photos up.
Here's One of the mat in passenger side til I get more for ya.

PXL_20211227_184442057~2.jpg

Used arrows to mark where it begins. Quite hard to tell coverage otherwise in the photo.

If I were you I’d take delivery. There’s no guarantee if you go on hold the car will be ready for you first of the year. You may be waiting until end of Q1, who knows.

Red look stunning. Unfortunately, by the time I realized I wanted a Red one, the prices had escalated and so decided not to change my configuration. But If I like our first Tesla, I will dump our second Lexus as well and go for another Tesla. Interestingly yesterday, my wife's car not having run for a week, needed a jump start. We have several days of negative (F) night temperatures for next 2 weeks and even the best of garages become very cold here in MN. A Tesla connected to the wall connector would be really cool for winter months in North central US/mid-west.
Remember your range will drop in half.

Remember your range will drop in half.
yes, the range will drop for sure. But as long as I can get my car started that will be fine. My longest trip is generally to your state (Kenosha). With a super charger network along I-94, I am fine charging along the way and having some breaks. My main worry about my MYLR is how it behaves when the streets are not cleared of snow. The ground clearance is much less than my current 8.2" on the Lexus SUV.
LOL Tesla stop messing with me ok
Got this weird change on the app where it asked me to go to my account
the page title was prepare for delivery
I said I am not trading in and then tapped continue and we are back to
Jan 17 - Feb 14
Womp Womp!
It is highly likely you are next for delivery. I think they are keen to clear August bookings. They are focused on selling cars that can be "delivered", meaning close to Fremont for the end of quarter. But it is highly likely you will receive a VIN soon.