Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An call from the local Tesla office to update my trade-in data preceded my VIN by about two weeks. In talking to a rep at that time it sounded like a check to ensure that things were in order. Like the rep you spoke to, mine gave no hints about likely delivery dates. Hope you get it soon.
Thanks for the insight. And the Sunday night EDD update.... back to June Jail!

Here's what I'm thinking will happen, given Tesla's lack of F's to give and my glass half empty outlook. I get a VIN the 1st week of March, and based on the order tracker it takes about 5 to 6 days from VIN to get to Vegas if I remember correctly (shows 2rd week of March). It'll be EOQ and they'll expect me there right away, forgetting they need to update the sales agreement/MVPA to remove the tax and registration stuff, as well as get me a drive away tag. They'll give it the old college try, but due to EOQ, the department that does the updates won't be able to and so I'll get the ultimatum to take it by the EOQ or my order will be canceled after waiting for ~220 days with zero holds or funny business.

Oh, and I'm committed to a living kidney donation event from March 27 - March 31 (checkout markscotch.com if anyone is interested in a good news story), so will not able to ask how high when they say jump at EOQ.

I just can't see this going well TBH.

Edit: I've called and emailed the Vegas DC to try and get a jump on the paperwork and zero response.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tesraki
Nope. Never put it on hold. My OD is July 6, 2021. Completed profile in September 2021. SA said that everything in place when I visited the showroom in October. Initially it was October, then went to EDD and stayed there for 5 months. SA got upset last week on my follow up and told me to cancel the order if I am not happy!

This thread have slowed down quite a lot in the past two weeks, which tells me a lot of you have gotten their cars, congrats! But I know there are some who are still waiting, not leaving until you get yours
Trust me, you will never get bored of your Tesla when you get it, I know I haven’t
I know. I linger in my car. Always learning new things. Maybe we can have a new thread like August 2021 OD friends and their new Teslas group?

I honestly think that you folks who got pushed out recently will see your VINs sooner rather than what it looks like. I also think now that changing your payment (like I did, changing my trade in to cash in September) bumps you. I didn't believe that until just recently when I saw my order being filled at the same time as some September folks who ordered around the time I made the change.

Take heart. I have looked and if you were to order another EV, in general you are looking at another 6 months wait for them. The problem is widespread. I really think Tesla wants orders 6 months old off the books as soon as possible.

Chill Mode, engage!
0-1.jpg

Nope. Never put it on hold. My OD is July 6, 2021. Completed profile in September 2021. SA said that everything in place when I visited the showroom in October. Initially it was October, then went to EDD and stayed there for 5 months. SA got upset last week on my follow up and told me to cancel the order if I am not happy!
WHAT?!? He/she should be reprimanded. You wait 6 months for a vehicle and can't ask questions? Ridiculous. Well I will say, I took delivery last week and I had everything completed 8/18, so you hopefully are close.

Reactions: Tesraki and BGOwner