Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in Phoenix also with virtually the same EDD. 12/17 - 12/31
So I decided to reach out to the Scottsdale fashion center store where I ordered to see if the EDD is a safe expectation:

“I would say at this time that is a safe expectation, based on our internal estimated delivery tool your delivery is anticipated to occur within the last week of December, I would recommend reaching back out at beginning of December and we can re-check your timeline.”

Reactions: Tinaatwt
So I decided to reach out to the Scottsdale fashion center store where I ordered to see if the EDD is a safe expectation:

“I would say at this time that is a safe expectation, based on our internal estimated delivery tool your delivery is anticipated to occur within the last week of December, I would recommend reaching back out at beginning of December and we can re-check your timeline.”
That’s similar to what Kierland told me.

It’s clear they are doing the EOQ rush again, pushing west coast to the end of the year

Not necessarily. Unless they are also actually planning on delivering from Austin this year. My date is holding steady at 12/14 - 12/31 with an 8/18 order. My guess is there are more factors involved such as shipping availability given the number of orders to a geographic location and the configurations ordered in a region. I've *almost* stopped trying to understand how it all works.

Not necessarily. Unless they are also actually planning on delivering from Austin this year. My date is holding steady at 12/14 - 12/31 with an 8/18 order. My guess is there are more factors involved such as shipping availability given the number of orders to a geographic location and the configurations ordered in a region. I've *almost* stopped trying to understand how it all works.
From what I have read, they wont deliver from Austin this year. First cars off the line should be for QA, then for next set for internal use and such like that. If they follow industry standard, not like tesla does, it can be 3-4 months after production starts before they build for the consumer. Got to make sure that the new cars are assembled right, equipment working right and new hires are trained right.

All that said, I would love a car from Austin Giga.

From what I have read, they wont deliver from Austin this year. First cars off the line should be for QA, then for next set for internal use and such like that. If they follow industry standard, not like tesla does, it can be 3-4 months after production starts before they build for the consumer. Got to make sure that the new cars are assembled right, equipment working right and new hires are trained right.

All that said, I would love a car from Austin Giga.

Agreed that deliveries are unlikely from Austin in 2021 - they said as much on the Q3 earnings call. I was simply pointing out that I believe the formula for when you get your car has much more to it than simply when you ordered it. Not what would happen in an ideal world, but we are not in normal times right now. I can certainly see why people can get frustrated with the process.

Reactions: BGOwner