Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you have a near delivery date and appointment and no progress (documents, payment, etc) try killing the app and restarting it. I did that this AM (Monday appointment at Tysons) and: I now have four panes for resubmitting my insurance, setting up ACH for total payment and monthly payment, and accepting delivery. Delivery has ALSO changed to home delivery. (!).

Interesting.

Edit: only one of those I can complete now is the insurance (which I had already done.. guess they need a current one to be sure). Another weird point. App has ‘appointment time and home address’. Website has not changed. Still has Tysons. Have to see what gets updated and perhaps call Monday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spandrel
A lot of us with MSM's from right around your order date have had this same thing happening with our EDD's. After weeks with no movement, my EDD just narrowed yesterday. It seems like Red and MSM cars haven't been moving as fast as some of the other colors recently. Just an anecdotal observation, and not scientific in the least.
Update! Window just narrowed to

Estimated Delivery: November 26 - December 10​

I'm curious about the app update that shows 'we're building your car'. My app only shows EDD (app up to date). I wonder if an update from only EDD to building the car means 1 or 2 weeks until you see a VIN. Seems like an interesting update for everyone still waiting

Reactions: DrGriz
My date shrunk again this morning to 12/1 - 12/12. I'm also not sure what to do with the EV credit now looking a bit more likely. It is tough to wrap my head around less than a month being a potential $8k savings. I'm waiting on a VIN assignment before making any final decision of course.

56B42138-2BD8-4BBA-83A4-13E84FA2BFA9.png
I have the same thing. I dont think it means much, just an app update.
OD-8/24

Attachments

• 26267B2E-5D46-4A1D-8344-C7EEE199E86A.png
    26267B2E-5D46-4A1D-8344-C7EEE199E86A.png
    336.2 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: samori01
I'm curious about the app update that shows 'we're building your car'. My app only shows EDD (app up to date). I wonder if an update from only EDD to building the car means 1 or 2 weeks until you see a VIN. Seems like an interesting update for everyone still waiting
Wondering the same thing. Not sure what others are seeing with that app update. My current EDD certainly fits with them building it now. Have to see whether others with more remote EDDs see that "building" page.

EDIT: got that. Yes, it's everyone.

Sorry to say, probably not. Mine says "We're building your car" and below, EDD still lists Feb 22- March 22.

Reactions: Tycanflyy
Guys but remember not everyone sees the same on this thread so whoever sees it, maybe car is about to be built for them? I need to talk to my SA today.
The website said a similar thing prior to this change. I think it said, Prepare for Delivery or something to that affect. Now it is "Your car is about to be built", this is what will show once an order is put in. The same as it was before with the website, getting the VIN is when (usually) it means you are close to delivery.

getting the VIN is when (usually) it means you are close to delivery.
Getting the VIN means they are actually building your car (or somebody else's was just reassigned to you). You'll be close to delivery when they email AND text you saying "time to schedule your delivery", at which point you'll be about a week away from delivery. VIN to delivery is usually more like 2 to 2.5 weeks, depending on how far you are from Freemont.