Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was holding steady at 12/5-12/19 and then got bumped to 2/20-3/20 over the weekend. Yikes! Quite a jump. I thought it may come back in sooner this am but no dice. Not sure what is going on.

OD: 8/20.
Blue/Black/19/7seater
Mine was the same thing 😭😭😭. Order date:8/4 white with black interior 7 seater. Initially my EDD range shortened to 11/27-12/7 then got bumped back to 12/7-12/27 and then over the weekend jumped to 1/13-2/10.

Emailed my SA this am regarding my order and just heard back. 8/26 order and EDD just jumped from December to Jan-Feb. He said that everything he is seeing on his end jives with the new EDD and to expect a VIN in January… I suppose the good news is that if this bill passes (low likelihood in my opinion)I’d get the tax credit.

Regardless, Tesla needs to do a better job managing expectations. Their current “method” is frustrating.

Emailed my SA this am regarding my order and just heard back. 8/26 order and EDD just jumped from December to Jan-Feb. He said that everything he is seeing on his end jives with the new EDD and to expect a VIN in January… I suppose the good news is that if this bill passes (low likelihood in my opinion)I’d get the tax credit.

Regardless, Tesla needs to do a better job managing expectations. Their current “method” is frustrating.
That is a decent consolation prize for having to wait a bit longer for a VIN. I kept thinking the same thing. If I get the VIN sooner, cool, but if it gets pushed back to January, I likely get the tax credit. And for August orders, you got the price before the $5K increase in expectation of the tax credit.

Either way, it is better than ordering today. I was looking at new orders and they are June or October depending on the configuration. Yikes!

Reactions: neoY and Iflyprops

I totally agree, it's better to give a further fixed date and people would be happy to receive their cars ahead of time. Rather than keep pushing back and forth.

That is a decent consolation prize for having to wait a bit longer for a VIN. I kept thinking the same thing. If I get the VIN sooner, cool, but if it gets pushed back to January, I likely get the tax credit. And for August orders, you got the price before the $5K increase in expectation of the tax credit.

Either way, it is better than ordering today. I was looking at new orders and they are June or October depending on the configuration. Yikes!
Agree 100%. Mentally I was prepared for a delivery next month and had given up on the tax credit. Just sick of the movement and the unnecessary mind games. I’m a big believer in ”under promise over deliver”. I hope we all at least get a tonneau cover out of it…

Everytime I come here and read people getting Vin numbers I feel like Steve harvey in this moment
Screenshot 2021-11-29 134038.png

I don't think production is reduced... I assume Tesla wants to optimize deliveries in an effort to reduce cost
Elon sent an email to Tesla employees specifically telling them not to do an EOQ crunch on deliveries, and instead focus on optimizing cost of deliveries.

Made a decision. Had a VIN assigned on Friday, and the deadline was today to schedule a delivery. I didn't have a confirmed buyer for my current car (and Tesla trade-in was about half), so I called in to find out my options. As we know, the call center is all over the place with what they say they can do, but the story was that the only real option was to release the VIN, he would place the account on hold for 1-2 days to make sure the same car wasn't assigned, and then would be placed back in the queue. I asked about a longer hold, but he was quoting the 90 days from the order date as the longest you could keep a hold. Said he would "get fired" if he did more. Also, was told the next VIN assigned was a take it or cancel the order situation. So, I am now going back into the queue. He did make it seem as though it was better for him to manually release it than leave the account to go to the "I'm Ready" button. Though he also indicated that I would only have a few days to click that anyway.

It is all very strange the variety of answers you get, but I feel like it is now in fate's hands. If I get another VIN in December, I guess I'll be taking it. Hopefully, if nothing else, it gives me time to sell my current car.

Reactions: andre88223

My EDD switched from 14 day range in December to 1/14 -2/11 yesterday. I reached out to my SA and they said the same thing, “January” .. but 2 weeks ago, they told me to expect delivery by the last week of December. No one really knows..

They are not going to rush out for the quarter end as in the past, i.e. they reduced production.
Yes, I think we re saying the same thing from different perspectives. Reduced production usually means builders have more time to do things correctly, and/or, QC have more time and less obstacles when pushing for rework of poor quality when production pressures are decreased.
If I'm misunderstanding your response, apologies, please rephrase/elaborate. It's been a long day. Maybe I'm missing something.

Reactions: andre88223

I ordered my MYLR the same day as you, but I haven’t had an SA assigned. At least I don’t think I have. My EDD also jumped to Jan - Feb. Did they reach out to you or did you have to reach out?