Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my config so I'm hoping they made a few more and that one of them has my name on it. *crosses fingers*
CA orders seem to be a low priority. We used to be able to get by knowing we’d more than likely be part of the EOQ rush. Who knows how local/local ish orders are going to be handled going forward.

I don’t mean to sound salty but I can’t help feeling some type of way when people miles away with O/Ds after mine with their cars. I’m happy for you all on the inside even if it doesn’t seem like it lol

I honestly read that email to employees as coded-speak for, "Don't be sending out cars with missing USB ports. The cost of scheduling the retro-fitting of them after the delivery eats into our margins."
I hope so, but with the rash of EDD pushes to next year, and the statement by Musk saying focus on costs, which include paying people overtime to help with deliveries, putting cars on trucks, paying drivers overtime, I am not optimistic.

To those waiting for a VIN, you will get yours soon. Just stick to your original EDD. Before I placed my order the website said December. I used to check VIN all the time hoping for October delivery, but didn't happen. My EDD bounced between November to January. I realized that a lot of people were like me, expressing excitement/hopes/frustrations that basically added fuel to the fire. So I started checking TMC less, and stayed away from Current Delivery forum. Then after calming down I used the forums (August and the June-July) to gauge how close I was to getting my VIN. I noticed early August orders were getting VINs, so I was expecting one soon. Sometimes I wished Tesla removed the EDD and stuck with original date when I ordered to avoid expectations. SO... if you are early August, you will get VIN soon, if you are mid to end of August, you may need to wait a week or two still. To keep sanity just download the TESLA app and check it once in a while. If you get the bluetooth or some notification, you probably got your VIN. I got my VIN about week before my EDD window.
Unfortunately, that may or may not work out. There were those whose original VIN was September and October, who are still waiting on delivery.

CA orders seem to be a low priority. We used to be able to get by knowing we’d more than likely be part of the EOQ rush. Who knows how local/local ish orders are going to be handled going forward.

I don’t mean to sound salty but I can’t help feeling some type of way when people miles away with O/Ds after mine with their cars. I’m happy for you all on the inside even if it doesn’t seem like it lol

You have every right to be salty. I've said before that I get, from a production point of view, why certain configurations and areas might get priority, but it is tough as a consumer to see people seated in the restaurant after you getting their food before you. Hang in there, I can't believe that they are going to let July order dates slip to 2022, but I can't predict anything with the way cars are getting rolled out.

You have every right to be salty. I've said before that I get, from a production point of view, why certain configurations and areas might get priority, but it is tough as a consumer to see people seated in the restaurant after you getting their food before you. Hang in there, I can't believe that they are going to let July order dates slip to 2022, but I can't predict anything with the way cars are getting rolled out.
Just don't look at the October order date forum. I made that mistake and yeah it's a tough pill to swallow when you see there are many who ordered mid to late October who have already taken delivery.
Your sentiment is right. Hang in there.

Unfortunately, that may or may not work out. There were those whose original VIN was September and October, who are still waiting on delivery.
Thanks Samori01. I should have put a disclaimer. I remember looking at April and May forum in October and saw some were waiting for 6 months still. I think for those who still haven’t past EDD, be patient and use other forums to gauge how close they are to getting VIN.

Reactions: samori01
First post here. I looked through a couple of pages looking for estimated delivery dates for a white 7 seater. I placed the order on August 28th. Initially I think it was a December estimate. It got pushed back and forth a few times, and was in the Feb-March time frame. Not the end of the world as we both work from home and most of the driving is around town and running the kid to daycare.

Looked today, and it just says June. So 10 months after order. Getting a little concerning since we have our second baby due in January, and our current Model 3 will be a little cramped with a 35 lb dog if we go anywhere.

Have any other white 7 seaters seen these dates?

First post here. I looked through a couple of pages looking for estimated delivery dates for a white 7 seater. I placed the order on August 28th. Initially I think it was a December estimate. It got pushed back and forth a few times, and was in the Feb-March time frame. Not the end of the world as we both work from home and most of the driving is around town and running the kid to daycare.

Looked today, and it just says June. So 10 months after order. Getting a little concerning since we have our second baby due in January, and our current Model 3 will be a little cramped with a 35 lb dog if we go anywhere.

I ordered a white 7 seater the day after you. The latest delivery estimate I have seen is the current pushed back range of Jan 14 - Feb 11. It sounds like your profile tasks may not be completed so you’re not in the current que and keep getting pushed out. I would recommend making sure you did all your profile tasks and possibly reach out to Tesla to inquire.

Seems a number of 7 seaters have been pushed out. At a guess, it may be a supply issue with those seats. Ya and as @Jaycscherer mentioned, make sure your profile is complete and you have selected Payment method. Note: select Cash as you will take a credit hit if you select Finance and it will expire in 60 days.

We just got a 6 week shave off our delivery date, and now we're debating holding off to push into the new year as originally anticipated.
I'd be curious to know if you are able to place a hold until the end of the year. They told me I was already beyond the 90-day window (ordered 8/18), but I was able to get a VIN released one time. Now I'm just in a holding period to see what next EDD comes up when I get put back in the queue. They said it could be a few days or a few weeks.

Reactions: Kaehny
I'd be curious to know if you are able to place a hold until the end of the year. They told me I was already beyond the 90-day window (ordered 8/18), but I was able to get a VIN released one time. Now I'm just in a holding period to see what next EDD comes up when I get put back in the queue. They said it could be a few days or a few weeks.
Wife and I are going back and forth; we are okay delaying, but didn't want to go all the way out to June 2022 lol. We were cool with the 4 week window we had, mid jan to mid feb, and I had expected the 2 week window to be inside that 4 week windows, but alas, it seems like we might be in the mix to try to push that Q4 sales number (even with the latest from Elon about saving costs).

OD 8/17: MYLR, White Exterior, Black Interior, 7 seat, 19" wheels, no tow
Delivery location: Austin, TX
EDD has been 12/1-12/21 since day one. It moved up to November/December delivery but now has shifted 1/10-2/7 as of this week.