Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Crazy turn of events! 2 days ago for about a week the EDD was Dec 21-31, Yesterday EDD was Jan21-Feb18. Today got the accept vison, and got a VIN for delivery between 17-23. Very excited!
Crazy that this happens. I wonder why Tesla is so wild with their predictions. Do they purposely want to put us on this emotional roller-coaster? Good luck with your delivery!!!

Last edited:
Picked up my car yesterday, and started to have buyers remorse before even leaving. I basically had no intro, walkthrough, etc., had to Google certain things myself I would have assumed they would have gone over. Considering how many employees were standing around at times, did not consider they were too busy. I get in the car and it is at 60% charge, that too really annoyed me (first said 90 miles range and I had at least that to do that day). Even after I got in the car the app still asking for final payment, because they never looked at the checks until I showed up, i.e. did not process payment until then (though had the checks from bank for almost 2 weeks). Some stuff was not difficult, just more annoyance like having to figure out how to set phone as the key, still no idea on remote sentry viewing. Had to Google pre-conditioning. Yes charger was in back, but still I would have figured they would say something. Windshield wiper fluid? Get yourself peasant, we don't waste our money getting that for you! (seriously, driving home, needed to clean the windows...and I have to stop at a f*@& gas station because it has no fluid). All together I paid $60k for a car Tesla has made me feel as if I should be grateful they sold me a car. *&#@ this, in a few years this is not going to fly, customers like me are going to walk away. If Polestar had better range, if Mercedes EQB was out and had good range, if VW was just a little bit better....

One certainty, in a few years....Tesla will be the last manufacturer I consider.
What did they say to you when you asked for help? Were they rude or just unresponsive? If they were just standing around surely one of them could have come out to help you. They have touch less delivery but that doesn’t mean they can’t speak to someone.

Haven’t heard any channels that you can buy a demo. I can only think of they will put them under used inventory for sale. Checked a few, and seems you can not get too much discount.
Go HERE, at least 3 demos a day are posted. You need to have your notifications on, and need to be prepared to buy immediately. These are gone most times in less than 5 minutes. No experience with demos, still waiting for mine. But I have been tempted a couple of times. Also, there are non demo cars that pop up in inventory as well. You won’t see too many now because they are purging their demos, but after this purge you should see several again.

Go HERE, at least 3 demos a day are posted. You need to have your notifications on, and need to be prepared to buy immediately. These are gone most times in less than 5 minutes. No experience with demos, still waiting for mine. But I have been tempted a couple of times. Also, there are non demo cars that pop up in inventory as well. You won’t see too many now because they are purging their demos, but after this purge you should see several again.
Thanks for the info.

Reactions: samori01
Got VIN today! Was doing my regular "before going to bed" Tesla app check to see "we are making changes to your account" message. Woohooo!

Thought I would get started on my insurance details tonight but Geico site is down for maintenance. Lame.

OD: 8/21, Red MYLR, White interiors, full FSD, other standard specs. EDD was steady at early Dec. Then went all the way to Jan-Feb. Came back this week to Dec 17th-31st. Still shows EDD as Dec 17th-31st. Hopefully this will move closer once i fill out the paperwork. No call/email from any Tesla rep yet.

Ok. This is purely for fun. And before anyone chops down my ideas, know that I know there are huge assumptions made in what I'm about to say.
Thought anyone with vin, getting excited and anxious may like to do this.

Came across this vin identifier web page that shows vins produced (sample set), when, and where they were going.

Using last 6 digits of your vin. It attempts to identify vins near yours where they have data identifying when it left production and where it was going.

Idea is you can tell roughly when your vehicle was finished being built.

For me it spit out 5 or so vins all smaller numbers, with build dates ending Oct. 1.
Assuming vins are made in order (they are not) I used the vin numbers and dates built to roughly determine 621 MYs built in Fremont a day. You all may have an actual number, I didn't. Then using The latest vin the app identified, I extrapolate d what day my Vin would be finished being built.
Again assumes a lot. But, I've been wondering why no one has contacted me about delivery. Based on the calculation, it's likely my MY was finished being built yesterday..or this morning!
it all sort of makes sense now.

Reactions: samori01 and voxel