Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do any other August order date team members have a EDD this far out? I may have missed you - but don't recall seeing anyone else post with a date range this far away. Like many of us, around Thanksgiving, I was moved up to 12/15-12/31 and remained there for ~3 weeks. Early last week I got pushed out - way out...

I have not yet called Tesla to get an update. I was somewhat delayed in completing pre-delivery tasks - but those steps have been complete for 3 months now. To be honest- I didn't realize there were follow up/pre-delivery tasks to complete after placing the order. Is this a likely cause for my EDD still being so far out?

Aug 21 OD, No Tow, No FSD, Ohio
3D6EA0B7-DC84-43F6-B2FD-1C20304B07A9_1_105_c.jpeg

Alright friends - without you my 136 days of waiting would be really hard!
Today is my delivery day and please meet BLUE MOON! Blue/Black, black wheels, no tow
Car was delivered to me, usb c everywhere, ppf film on rare sides + front mud flaps. Car was extremely clean and had 14 miles total!
I am more than happy!

Wish you all to get your edds asap!

Happy upcoming Holidays!
unnamed (1).jpg

Last edited:
Alright friends - without you my 136 days of waiting would be really hard!
Today is my delivery day and please meet BLUE MOON! Blue/Black, black wheels, no tow
Car was delivered to me, usb c everywhere, ppf film on rare sides + front mud flaps. Car was extremely clean and had 14 miles total!
I am more than happy!

Wish you all to get your edds asap!

Happy upcoming Holidays!
View attachment 747654
Hell yeah! Congrats man, looks amazing

Reactions: I-drive-my
Do any other August order date team members have a EDD this far out? I may have missed you - but don't recall seeing anyone else post with a date range this far away. Like many of us, around Thanksgiving, I was moved up to 12/15-12/31 and remained there for ~3 weeks. Early last week I got pushed out - way out...

I have not yet called Tesla to get an update. I was somewhat delayed in completing pre-delivery tasks - but those steps have been complete for 3 months now. To be honest- I didn't realize there were follow up/pre-delivery tasks to complete after placing the order. Is this a likely cause for my EDD still being so far out?

View attachment 747644
I am in OH with OD Aug 26, I did complete the profile the same day, I did get a delay to Jan 17 two weeks ago, but not that far

View attachment 747644
I was pushed to 2/15-3/15 😕 if this helps any.

View attachment 747644
I am in the same boat. Ordered on 8/31, didn’t realize I had to complete payment for profile complete. Did that on Nov 1. EDD been March 15 - April 12 ever since, had a small window around Thanksgiving where it moved up 3 weeks, then went back.

I am in the same boat. Ordered on 8/31, didn’t realize I had to complete payment for profile complete. Did that on Nov 1. EDD been March 15 - April 12 ever since, had a small window around Thanksgiving where it moved up 3 weeks, then went back.
Same for me as well. Completed profile late. OD 8/24. @BGOwner helped me with it!

Reactions: BGOwner

View attachment 747644
Three days before you, OD and PC on the same day. Pushed far but not as far as you….1-25 to 2-22

I had another dream about getting a VIN lol this is getting annoying
I had a dream to put this on hold for a few months to at least benefit from at least few of the updates the Shanghai made Model YLR's already have. Even the headlights in the US MYLR not matrix. I am going to give this a deep thought over the holidays. The more I think getting a new car in April or later with the snow gone seems like a nice idea. Maybe it comes from a sense of deep disappointment. If the August OD's are pushed out to January-February, it is only a matter of time before September OD's pushed to Feb-March or later. I am wondering what is Tesla making between now and mid January. Are they catching up with the Hertz order or what? Hertz was promised some deliveries this year even though they booked around mid September.

Does anyone know how payment works if you want to pay a down payment and finance the rest of the price with a third party lender? I’m getting a loan through USAA but also putting down a large cash deposit. Tesla website says that payment can only be made from one account. Does this mean that I can‘t pay my down payment and give the balance through certified check from my lender? Also, apparently you can’t pay by personal check but I don’t want to give Tesla any money before I see the car….

Does anyone know how payment works if you want to pay a down payment and finance the rest of the price with a third party lender? I’m getting a loan through USAA but also putting down a large cash deposit. Tesla website says that payment can only be made from one account. Does this mean that I can‘t pay my down payment and give the balance through certified check from my lender? Also, apparently you can’t pay by personal check but I don’t want to give Tesla any money before I see the car….
I plan to follow this exact same process, so I am also interested in the answer.

I plan to follow this exact same process, so I am also interested in the answer.
I would say you will need to reject plaid and select certified check in the payment system. Then pay them 2 certified checks. One from the loan company and one from your own bank for the balance. Under the given circumstances, a certified check seems best because that is the only payment system that allows you to "reject" a damaged car after inspection. In all others Tesla has the money before you even inspect it. I found it outrageous on reading people have to "accept" the car in the App to open the car for inside inspection. Others were able to get it opened by SA's.

Reactions: DrGriz