Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You have more faith than me… I would be glad to get it by Feb (i.e. current EDD). But, I still check my EDD a few times a day! 😂
Seeing some Sept orders fulfilling close to me, lets see what happens. if not by end of this year then I am guessing Feb. These days I am checking my app every 15 minutes, even though I know, its not going to change that soon. I guess I have too much time these days lol

Pick-up yesterday went smoothly for the most part.

Arrived at showroom for contactless pickup. Called to sort location etc. They required I go into the showroom and talk directly with staff to go through paperwork. (Was not actually required. I could have done it in the car)

On arrival
PXL_20211226_170341888~2.jpg

Used this link to inspect the car.
Tesla Prep

It was really helpful. Highly recommended.
Paint was perfect, some residue on upholstery and melted wrap on exterior window trim. Staff gladly assisted with removal with a light solvent. ...I realize now I forgot to check the windshield washer fluid.
Inside seems fantastic.
Exterior is very good as well. My only issue was that the trunk lid isn't aligned well. No gap on one side to rear paneling, and a big gap on the left. Staff didn't not say "it's within spec". They helped me go through the app to schedule alignment.

Just fyi BC I wasn't aware, the USB key is in the glovebox tucked into the left side.

All in all the car is of pretty good quality. I was a manufacturing engineer and am now a quality auditor. So take my statements as you will.
I spent 2 hours doing my inspections, checking everything. No one rushed me but many staff came by to see how it was going.

Good luck to you all with vin delivery and pickup..oh and the MY wasn't missing any parts and the latest software update had not been installed. No big deal. 25min install at home.

Last edited:
Do any other August order date team members have a EDD this far out? I may have missed you - but don't recall seeing anyone else post with a date range this far away. Like many of us, around Thanksgiving, I was moved up to 12/15-12/31 and remained there for ~3 weeks. Early last week I got pushed out - way out...

I have not yet called Tesla to get an update. I was somewhat delayed in completing pre-delivery tasks - but those steps have been complete for 3 months now. To be honest- I didn't realize there were follow up/pre-delivery tasks to complete after placing the order. Is this a likely cause for my EDD still being so far out?

Aug 21 OD, No Tow, No FSD, Ohio
View attachment 747644
My EDD is "June"

Arrived at showroom for contactless pickup. Called to sort location etc. They required I go into the showroom and talk directly with staff to go through paperwork. (Was not actually required. I could have done it in the car)

On arrival
View attachment 748904

Tesla Prep

Paint was perfect, some residue on upholstery and melted wrap on exterior window trim. Staff gladly assisted with removal with a light solvent. ...I realize now I forgot to check the windshield washer fluid.
Inside seems fantastic.
Exterior is very good as well. My only issue was that the trunk lid isn't aligned well. No gap on one side to rear paneling, and a big gap on the left. Staff didn't not say "it's within spec". They helped me go through the app to schedule alignment.

Just fyi BC I wasn't aware, the USB key is in the glovebox tucked into the left side.

All in all the car is of pretty good quality. I was a manufacturing engineer and am now a quality auditor. So take my statements as you will.
I spent 2 hours doing my inspections, checking everything. No one rushed me but many staff came by to see how it was going.

Good luck to you all with vin delivery and pickup..oh and the MY wasn't missing any parts and the latest software update had not been installed. No big deal. 25min install at home.
Congrats man, hope we are next in line!

On arrival
View attachment 748904

Tesla Prep

Inside seems fantastic.

Gorgeous!
Even though it's making me wait (131 days now)... I still love how it looks!

Reactions: eric.freeman
Call and talk to a sales associate. I suspect your profile is not complete (Insurance, loan documentation or something else required to consider your registration is complete).
I spoke with a SA at my local center, who ironically has a LRMY on order with my exact same specs. He placed his order in July. He also has an EDD of June. He believes our delay has to do with the white body color.

I just posted pretty much the same thing on sept thread. I just spoke to an SA and he said Mam please go to your account and EDD is listed there lol.
I told him that EDD changes all the time and maybe he can tell me something else and he said NO
Yeah, I called a few days ago and got the same speech, but now I'm getting my car tomorrow. Don't lose hope!

Reactions: pgcoco
For anyone concerned about ordering the 20" tires for road noise and or drive comfort, if you're coming from any vehicle like I was, a 2010 Nissan Altima Coupe, don't be worried. I've been concerned about choosing the larger tires since order but am pleasantly surprised to find the ride is waaaay softer than my previous vehicle.

....if coming from an escalade , continue to be concerned, the ride from that perspective would be very rough.