Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no way to lower the regen anymore, they took that out awhile back. Now you only choose if you want creep, roll, or hold. All of them brake at the same strength
Good to know. Seems odd though. The hold setting even says it uses maximum Regen braking.
I guess if what you're saying is true, the setting just changes the amount of actual brakes blended into the Regen.

Thanks!

doesn't having one of those black key cards in your wallet work as a key if you don't want to deal with phone app etc?
Sorry for late reply. If you use card you have to keep taking it out. For example put against a-pillar to unlock and then near cup holders to start car. I just prefer open door and put foot on break to start car. Also double tap fob to either open frunk or tailgate. Or lock door in case. But maybe just try card first then app. But if want get fob later if feel necessary. It’s expensive. I know my style so I bought it.

Last edited:
Oh one more important accessory to not forget, front License Plate holder. From what I understand, without it, you need to attach the plate to the bumper itself.
I’m not sure how I feel about the quick bandit. Where it attaches to has a function. For example it’s like a vent and open and closes. I can hear it especially here in ice/snow where you hear the ice crack as it moves. You can see it move when parked. I wonder if attaching holder would affect the function. I assume it’s for battery or engine related.

Reactions: Oddmanout
Sorry for late reply. If you use card you have to keep taking it out. For example put against a-pillar to unlock and then near cup holders to start car. I just prefer open door and put foot on break to start car. Also double tap fob to either open frunk or tailgate. Or lock door in case. But maybe just try card first then app. But if want get fob later if feel necessary. It’s expensive. I know my style so I bought it.
I actually ordered 2 key fobs and also the homelink device. I don't want to be fiddling with the phone or the key card on the door pillar. Both of our current Lexus key fobs automatically unlock door with key fob's in a bag/purse etc. I will miss my trunk kick motion opener, especially when one comes to the car with bags in hand.

I actually ordered 2 key fobs and also the homelink device. I don't want to be fiddling with the phone or the key card on the door pillar. Both of our current Lexus key fobs automatically unlock door with key fob's in a bag/purse etc. I will miss my trunk kick motion opener, especially when one comes to the car with bags in hand.
Trunk kick is an easy after market install

Reactions: 45thParallel
There is no way to lower the regen anymore, they took that out awhile back. Now you only choose if you want creep, roll, or hold. All of them brake at the same strength
I'm happy to see this conversation. It was the one thing I brought up with the rep after my test drive. I currently drive a VW eGolf and the regen is adjustable. I've gotten quite used to coasting and I believe I'm getting better efficiency than with the regen activated. With no engine braking like in an ICE car, the car holds speed quite well while coasting and I can control the regen with the brake peddle when I slow down. I only activate the regen mode when going downhills. I'm sure I'll get used to the Tesla but I actually really like having the adjustable regen as an option. It would be a nice feature to bring back.

Reactions: Luly
Saw a 7 seater MY yesterday. Not sure if 7 seater purchasers knew this but to squeeze those extra seats in the 3,4,5 seats are pushed forward. Seats are crammed in there. Wouldn't want to be a tall person in a 3,4,5 seat or the poor children (no one else is sitting there) crammed in the 6,7 seats.

Just heads up it's.....cozy

Saw a 7 seater MY yesterday. Not sure if 7 seater purchasers knew this but to squeeze those extra seats in the 3,4,5 seats are pushed forward. Seats are crammed in there. Wouldn't want to be a tall person in a 3,4,5 seat or the poor children (no one else is sitting there) crammed in the 6,7 seats.

Just heads up it's.....cozy
Thought that 2nd row can move forward or back no?

Reactions: Jaycscherer
Uh, my EDD didn’t change, but I have a “Prepare to Delivery” and “Confirm Odometer for trade-in”. Not sure that really means anything, but it is something!
Everybody gets Prepare for Delivery once order is completed. Also, "Building your Car". They periodically ask for odometer reading if they think you are planning a trade in. It means nothing as far as your actual delivery date. You can think of the trade in folks as a completely different section of the company from the factory. You might want to take the trade in off your order for now so that you don't have to keep updating, unless you really think for other reasons your car is coming in the next month. :)

Uh, my EDD didn’t change, but I have a “Prepare to Delivery” and “Confirm Odometer for trade-in”. Not sure that really means anything, but it is something!
I got those last week, the SA said it means we are expecting your car to be produced soon, cause their trade in quotes are valid for 30 days
but I didn’t really buy it