Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Find your own car in their inventory?? Did they say if they'll knock a grand off for you doing their job of matching a car to your order? Or maybe am employee discount for a whistle or something?
I did this. Found my own vehicle in inventory locally TWICE. The first time, my SA didn’t get to it quick enough so I reserved the second one myself, but lost the $250 deposit when they moved it to my existing reservation to price match. They told me they only price match if it’s your exact configuration. If anything is off, you pay the new price book

View attachment 752094View attachment 752095

Today is day 10 since I took delivery of my 7 seater. This car was worth the wait. We absolutely love it. It rained for the first week, which is so unusual for Arizona. I hand washed it yesterday, gave it a proper bath.

Last week I had PPF done in the entire front end and ceramic tint on the front windows. I also had the Tesla emblems changed from silver to black. Waiting on the Dual Motor emblem in black. At this point, the only other exterior accessory I’m debating is mud flaps.

The only interior accessory I have is Tesla Shield drunk/trunk mats for 7 seat configuration. The storage compartments in the car are deep. Trying to figure out if I want any storage accessories.

I just sold my 2016 Land Rover yesterday. I did some switching back and forth from the Rover and Tesla for a week or so, and the Tesla is so much smoother and faster. Hear a lot of people say it has a stiff ride and it’s not a luxury vehicle and I disagree with both of those statements. You won’t regret your purchase when they deliver the car, but the process of ordering is so unpredictable and not fair at times. Hang in there everyone!
Congrats man! Hope we cross path in AZ, I ordered a white one too

Reactions: Jaycscherer
There is no way to lower the regen anymore, they took that out awhile back. Now you only choose if you want creep, roll, or hold. All of them brake at the same strength
PXL_20220105_025200444.jpg

Are we sure none of the 3 modes better or worsen Regen?

According to the menu Hold does maximize range by using more Regen.
Hoping this isn't a lie.

I did this. Found my own vehicle in inventory locally TWICE. The first time, my SA didn’t get to it quick enough so I reserved the second one myself, but lost the $250 deposit when they moved it to my existing reservation to price match. They told me they only price match if it’s your exact configuration. If anything is off, you pay the new price book
So you paid them 250 for the privilege of doing their job. Cool. 🤦‍♂️. Also cool a "tech company" has customers manually scouring their website inventory to match their car themselves after months of waiting. I'm saying this tongue in cheek, but is pretty sad cause it's true.

So you paid them 250 for the privilege of doing their job. Cool. 🤦‍♂️. Also cool a "tech company" has customers manually scouring their website inventory to match their car themselves after months of waiting. I'm saying this tongue in cheek, but is pretty sad cause it's true.
there is a Tesla inventory Tracker group on Facebook. They actually helped me find it and alerted me when it went up, after I shared my story of losing the first one. Worth keeping an eye on. I wasn’t thrilled with losing the $250 and having to find it on my own, but happy in the long run that I could take delivery. I let them know my feelings in my ordering experience survey, said they should refund me. Won’t go anywhere but made me feel better to vent 🤷🏻‍♂️

Today is day 10 since I took delivery of my 7 seater. This car was worth the wait. We absolutely love it. It rained for the first week, which is so unusual for Arizona. I hand washed it yesterday, gave it a proper bath.

Last week I had PPF done in the entire front end and ceramic tint on the front windows. I also had the Tesla emblems changed from silver to black. Waiting on the Dual Motor emblem in black. At this point, the only other exterior accessory I’m debating is mud flaps.

The only interior accessory I have is Tesla Shield drunk/trunk mats for 7 seat configuration. The storage compartments in the car are deep. Trying to figure out if I want any storage accessories.

I just sold my 2016 Land Rover yesterday. I did some switching back and forth from the Rover and Tesla for a week or so, and the Tesla is so much smoother and faster. Hear a lot of people say it has a stiff ride and it’s not a luxury vehicle and I disagree with both of those statements. You won’t regret your purchase when they deliver the car, but the process of ordering is so unpredictable and not fair at times. Hang in there everyone!
Dreamy car!
Where did you end up finding your black Tesla and dual motor emblems ? I keep seeing them online but very mixed reviews.

Just venting a bit, I’m shocked with the new trade-in offer from Tesla, just 2 weeks after the first one expired, they offer me ~$1k less (with 600 miles added to the odometer).
“Yeah, we couldn’t really deliver your car, but at least you can pay us more now.”
IMHO, this is offensive.

Sold a 2016 pilot 2 weeks ago. Definitely shop around. Local Honda dealer offered the best price. You may want to check out your local dealer too
A Tesla SA told me to check carmax but my local dealer had the best offer too.

Tesla offered me 19k for my Lexus in August...
Carmax offered me 24k in August and 25k in Nov, then my local Lexus dealer gave me 29k the 1st week of Dec. I had put at least 5k miles on the car from August to Dec.

Just venting a bit, I’m shocked with the new trade-in offer from Tesla, just 2 weeks after the first one expired, they offer me ~$1k less (with 600 miles added to the odometer).
“Yeah, we couldn’t really deliver your car, but at least you can pay us more now.”
IMHO, this is offensive.
Try carmax just incase, you can get a quote for your car online that lasts for a week

Reactions: in2survive
Dreamy car!
Where did you end up finding your black Tesla and dual motor emblems ? I keep seeing them online but very mixed reviews.
Thanks! Had the Tesla logos wrapped and found the Dual Motor emblem on Abstract Ocean. Local shop that did the wrap and tint recommended

Attachments

• 7495CD09-DFD8-4F33-BE5F-A74AE12B45B9.png
    7495CD09-DFD8-4F33-BE5F-A74AE12B45B9.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
Reactions: samori01 and J1513

Man that's so nice! Confirms I'm making the right choice with white paint and 20" wheels!

Reactions: Jaycscherer
Day 10 with our vehicle too. Just back from Front end PPF.
PXL_20220104_215514711.jpg

Note: image is with 19" RTX rims with Viking Snows (no sound dampening). They are specially balance d to minimize noise and tbh are fantastic. What noise? :)

Since I curb Rashed an OEM 20" rim, I have embraced my inner teenager and installed colored wheelbands. So easy to install and now ready for next spring. The green insert can easily be swapped out for a black or other colour. I have black in case my wife rejects teenage me. Haha
PXL_20220104_210645470~2.jpg

I've already mentioned thoughts on a great deal of topics on here. The vehicle is amazing. FSD from ramp to ramp is actually waaay better than I could have imagined. (Dbl tap right stalk plus selecting the map auto drive button does this)
On ramping off the highway FSD with mapping disengages and leaves you in FSD no mapping.

As a big heads up:
If you park your car very near your house, it's possible the Bluetooth on your phone may not let your vehicle sleep. After minimizing phantom drain, last night I still lost 4% battery in 7 hours due to what I can only imagine is the vehicle being woke up everytime I or my wife's Phone gets too close to the vehicle while in our house.

May get a fob to address this issue.

Anyway... you're all going to love your vehicle when they arrive.