Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
those of you in the LA area, just sharing

1641417876604.png

Reactions: kjudd11 and THUD25
OD: 8/16/21

M3 SR+ Black 18” Wheels.

Man, what a journey. What started out as an EDD of late September, then November, then June, April.. has, for the last 5 weeks, settled on 02/25-03/25.

I’m 140 days in. No contact from SA (I believe his name is Jomaine in NY somewhere based on what chat support told me).

I’m patient, but my god I want this car.

Ok, here is what happened

Tesla called me to schedule delivery. I asked what the built date is for VIN 356xxx, they looked up and told me, it was 2021-12-31.
I asked if I can hold, and they had no problem. The contract said 30 days from 1st time notice, therefore, the hold is until Feb 04, and they don't guarantee a second hold. Everything is very clear, and makes sense.

I will take delivery next month for sure (if there is a match, don't mind waiting longer), no more hold, and see what I can get.

Good luck to everyone.

Screenshot at Jan 05 15-02-44.png

Last edited:

Tesla called me to schedule delivery. I asked what the built date is for VIN 356xxx, they looked up and told me, it was 2021-12-31.
I asked if I can hold, and they had no problem. The contract said 30 days from 1st time notice, therefore, the hold is until Feb 04, and they don't guarantee a second hold. Everything is very clear, and makes sense.

I will take delivery next month for sure (if there is a match, don't mind waiting longer), no more hold, and see what I can get.

Good luck to everyone.

View attachment 752404
so does that mean they will reassign this vehicle to someone else and match you after the hold?

First time poster from the San Francisco bay area. I have been lurking about in this thread since my initial order back in late August and like most people here, I am still waiting!!! I thought I was going to get it in late November so I did all the prep works like everyone else here (installation of charger which cost me a ton because it's a condo with shared garage space, accessory purchases, getting quotes for my current car) I am sorry that I don't have very useful information to give except to provide my order date and EDD.

OD/Profile completion: 8/21/21 | MYLR | White | White | 5 | 19" | No Tow | No FSD | EDD: 1/10-2/7

First time poster from the San Francisco bay area. I have been lurking about in this thread since my initial order back in late August and like most people here, I am still waiting!!! I thought I was going to get it in late November so I did all the prep works like everyone else here (installation of charger which cost me a ton because it's a condo with shared garage space, accessory purchases, getting quotes for my current car) I am sorry that I don't have very useful information to give except to provide my order date and EDD.

OD/Profile completion: 8/21/21 | MYLR | White | White | 5 | 19" | No Tow | No FSD | EDD: 1/10-2/7
we share the same build man, still waiting!

Since you had your charger installed last year, you should at least qualify for a EV charger tax credit. Here is some information on form 8911 to get the rebate

Good luck to everyone.

View attachment 752404
You received a VIN… and then passed on it? You’re a bold one, that’s for sure. I couldn’t complete my pre delivery tasks fast enough!
Hope you get the Ryzen and the wait is worth it. A 12.31 build may have had it, but who knows.

Well folks, day 140 today for me and I just Got an email with my VIN!!! Question to anyone who has been down this road before: app says my insurance has been accepted but I can’t do any payments yet. Think it’s ok to get the loan going now?
A little update. Was told I needed to complete predelivery tasks, but didn’t show up in my app for about an hour or so after VIN email. Financing a portion, paying the rest. SA said to bring paperwork for financing with me to delivery appointment.
Plaid was super easy to use (kind of scary you can transfer that much money out of your account in a matter of SECONDS). One thing to note: if you use Plaid, make sure the money is in your checking account, not savings. Won’t connect to a savings account.
SA said the delivery window on your app is accurate once you set up payment. Said my Y was in Fremont and once it moves, I’ll get a notification to set a delivery date. Current EDD is 1/6-1/10. I’ll update more later for anyone interested!