Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Add me on to the list of August orders that have yet to still get a VIN. So don’t lose hope you aren’t alone. Lol.
Reminder guys, in this world of Tesla EDD
1641675783772.png

this then debunks “if you don’t pay or it, it would be a priority“, the volatility of Tesla is its worst trait, and we the consumers are getting in the crossfire
I'm annoyed it's taking so long for sure, but I don't mind the wait given my situation, plus when the tax credit was in play and now with the next round of improvements.

I'm proactively replacing my current car (535i with 113k miles) but could fix it up and I'm sure for several more years (my dad always told me never buy a car when you HAVE to!!) which was having some problems in Sept (I think) or Oct after my Aug order date, so I was ticked I had already ordered the Tesla then had to dump a couple grand into the car it will replace. Pending another mechanical issue, the next major expense will be tires. I'm borderline on them going into winter, but stalling waiting for the Tesla. As of July I drive 325-425 miles a week, which pushed me to order now instead of spring of 2024 per my original plan (present to myself). Since I ordered 2.5 years early, I'll reevaluate in 2024 when I expect a lot to be different (Rivian SUV, Ford? GM?).

Last edited:
Reactions: eric.freeman
Not according to the Ordering wizard, I just change to 7 seater and it moves up to July '22
I bet they made msm free to incourage a run of orders so they can run a batch of MSM cars... if the 7 seat isn't being selected enough to make a run worth it, they should reduce the price to grow a batch for a run. 🤷‍♂️.

My gut tells me they cannibalized the 7's to minimize supply chain issue with other cars, so it not as simple as msm, or tow as a lot of folks think we're were pushing orders, then usb hardware, the it was 20" for a while.

I have a visual of "my" car on blocks, unpainted, and missing usb ports, half its hitch, etc. and one of these days they are finally able to cobble together enough parts to finish it.

I emailed my SA, but he has not replied with any sort of update. Last few times I emailed him about other questions, he responded within 24 hrs
My SA (Sales Advisor) also takes 1 to 3 days to answer. This guy is not a sales advisor, his title is “Operations Advisor”, not sure it makes a difference, but I’m assuming he knows a little bit more? Who knows. I’m going to chill till January 20th, after that, I’ll bug them again. I’m tired of checking my account every 30min. This whole obsession is driving me nuts!

My SA (Sales Advisor) also takes 1 to 3 days to answer. This guy is not a sales advisor, his title is “Operations Advisor”, not sure it makes a difference, but I’m assuming he knows a little bit more? Who knows. I’m going to chill till January 20th, after that, I’ll bug them again. I’m tired of checking my account every 30min. This whole obsession is driving me nuts!
My Guys title in his email signature is Tesla Advisor. Agreed, not sure it makes a difference but ya, he has no info at all.

Reactions: in2survive
No need. I’ll be checking out after you. I have the exact same build ordered 8/19, but didn’t complete my profile until 10/1. Please leave the key under the mat on your way out.
Us forgotten August orders need to make a pact. Even if we get our order we stay in this waiting room until the last person gets their order!