Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A little update. Was told I needed to complete predelivery tasks, but didn’t show up in my app for about an hour or so after VIN email. Financing a portion, paying the rest. SA said to bring paperwork for financing with me to delivery appointment.
Plaid was super easy to use (kind of scary you can transfer that much money out of your account in a matter of SECONDS). One thing to note: if you use Plaid, make sure the money is in your checking account, not savings. Won’t connect to a savings account.
SA said the delivery window on your app is accurate once you set up payment. Said my Y was in Fremont and once it moves, I’ll get a notification to set a delivery date. Current EDD is 1/6-1/10. I’ll update more later for anyone interested!
Update 2: scheduled my delivery appointment for today, my SA called me last night and said the car wasn’t ready so we moved it to Sunday morning. Just got off the phone with him and said the car STILL isn’t ready, re-rescheduled for Monday.
His explanation: the car is waiting to be shipped out to me. North American deliveries take a back seat to European deliveries at the beginning of the quarter. Read: my car is not important right now.
Tesla sure knows how to get you excited and then disappoint you.

Update 2: scheduled my delivery appointment for today, my SA called me last night and said the car wasn’t ready so we moved it to Sunday morning. Just got off the phone with him and said the car STILL isn’t ready, re-rescheduled for Monday.
His explanation: the car is waiting to be shipped out to me. North American deliveries take a back seat to European deliveries at the beginning of the quarter. Read: my car is not important right now.
European deliveries? What about Shanghai? They can’t handle these?

Reactions: DrGriz
How is an American service center worried about European deliveries ?

Reactions: samori01 and DrGriz
On Monday, I will be on day 143 of my wait and 10 days from the beginning of my current EDD (Jan 20-Feb 17). I have been this close to my EDD two other times and got pushed out between days 7-10 before the EDD. I have also had the current EDD longer than any other EDD range since I completed my profile on Aug 20. I really expect something to change before Friday. Hope it is a shortened EDD window or a VIN and not another pushout of my EDD. Given all of the activity in this August order thread over the past week, I am really hopeful that I am getting close. Only time will tell I guess. Hoping for a good week for all of the August orders still waiting!

Meanwhile I got this automated text
View attachment 753621
This year! You have a free pass to wait to get a 2023 tesla at 2021 prices. AAnd it comes with AMD v.2, in seat ball coolers, active breakfast preparation assist, cabin lounge and cabin sleep mode, 1000mile battery, Full, Complete Self Drive mode, AI back seat driver, and projector theatre mode so you and the whole neighborhood can watch movies outside.*

You need to choose 'No'! And wait for all the new stuff next year. What a steal !

*All items not guaranteed to be installed on pickup, but Mr. Must promises all items will be installed and functional before he dies, or he promises to make another promise.

I responded then It said congratulations
I was like yeah no s***
Sounds like you were given a soft vin and the text was confirming you are warm to the idea of getting a car someone else might randomly reject or postpone (and I wonder if it means, they know it has noticable quality concerns hence hedging their delivery bet).

Hang in there dude. Here's a pick me up story for you.

My mother is down right now, today....wanted her to come for a trip in the vehicle to check it out. She refused at first to get in vehicle. And, said never in the rest of her life would she ever be someone to let a car drive her anywhere and wouldn't listen to anything about he vehicle because she's too old to ever trust it.

30min later we arrived back at my house after I got her out for a test drive. My mother walked in the door and said to my wife and my father (who wanted to racing experience after her trip), "Wow! Where can I get one of those!? Sooooo cooool"

On Monday, I will be on day 143 of my wait and 10 days from the beginning of my current EDD (Jan 20-Feb 17). I have been this close to my EDD two other times and got pushed out between days 7-10 before the EDD. I have also had the current EDD longer than any other EDD range since I completed my profile on Aug 20. I really expect something to change before Friday. Hope it is a shortened EDD window or a VIN and not another pushout of my EDD. Given all of the activity in this August order thread over the past week, I am really hopeful that I am getting close. Only time will tell I guess. Hoping for a good week for all of the August orders still waiting!
I will give you a trick if you want your Tesla quick. Add FSD you will move to a higher priority which stays even after you drop FSD once you are scheduled to January-February. You are allowed to do this one time without impacting price. Elon wants funds going to support the FSD unit and it is high priority for them right now.

Hopefully the VIN doesn’t get taken away to be sent to a distant customer.

EDD pushed further today. Jan 13- Feb 10. At this point I feel Elon might be holding a grudge against me. 😭
At least the push out is only by a few days so it may be good news! When I hit my edd in Nov and in Dec the next morning I was moved out by 2 weeks each time.
Still waiting but hit my edd Friday(1/7) and my push out on Saturday was to the 10th. My thought yesterday morning was hey its sooner than my last few pushes so I'm not mad at it. Maybe smaller pushes mean someting.... or maybe Elon is trying to F with us 😂

Reactions: DrGriz and xSCMx
At least the push out is only by a few days so it may be good news! When I hit my edd in Nov and in Dec the next morning I was moved out by 2 weeks each time.
Still waiting but hit my edd Friday(1/7) and my push out on Saturday was to the 10th. My thought yesterday morning was hey its sooner than my last few pushes so I'm not mad at it. Maybe smaller pushes mean someting.... or maybe Elon is trying to F with us 😂
If he’s trying to F with us, it’s prolly my fault for crashing his space x party a few years ago 🥴

Reactions: kjudd11
I'm now in my current window, Jan 8 - Feb 5. I think this is the 3rd time I've entered my wondow. Any guesses what happens next?

- Front ends pushes out a few days (e.g. Jan 13). This has happened in the past.

- Whole window window (e.g. Feb 1 - Feb 28). This has happened in the past.

- I get a VIN. This has not happened in the past.

- Maybe [it's] something really cool that I don't even know about.

OD: Aug 6, MYLR7, msm/black, 20", tow
We have our answer...

This AM it pushed to Jan 12 - Feb 9