Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm using, or was using Wells Fargo. I'm ok with another inquiry but I should have done cash from the beginning.
Also, it's funny I changed to cash this morning and this evening a SA texted to say they're preparing my order and will be contacting within my EDD to schedule delivery. Do you think that's a coincidence?
Sometimes you need to ”wake” your sleeping order. In my case it could have been resulted from removing the FSD option. It could also be as simple as having them put a note, willing to take delivery at short notice (PgCoco did this). Again this is akin to us tryIng to interpret a monkey’s behavior. Monkey being chaotic Tesla’s scheduling system.

Hey all,
For everyone sticking around after getting a car and for all still waiting, thought I'd throw this out there as something else to keep you busy with until the mythical VIN appears.

I believe this item should be on the must have lists for model Y/3 accessories.
I noticed that there is a significant gap between the windshield and the roof panel and learned from service this is normal.

I don't know if there is significant noise coming through this gap.
I do notice increased wind noise on the highway and any gaps like this will inevitably create turbulent air leading to increased noise.
I don't know if this product or any other brands will significantly reduce noise.

But, ignoring noise levels, I believe it's still a must have for another reason. I don't want to wait for this gap to fill with debris (leaves, bugs, spider nests, mud wasp nests, etc).
So I've gone ahead and installed this rubber gasket. Maybe a carwash would clean the gap..don't really want to have to find out.

Happy accessory hunting.

A hilarious conversation on that call was
”Hey so did you renew your current registeration for your plates”
I was like
”yeah a week before I got a VIN :mad::mad::mad:

I am guessing that car registration must work differently where you live to me. Renewing it for the old car would have zero net cost as you just transfer the remaining time to the new car here.

Around here, you just move the license plate to the new car and you pay a small transfer fee to update the registration but your existing expiry date and plate are perfectly valid. You get 2 weeks to go in and update the info on your file and you have to show a bill of sale if pulled over to prove you are within the 2 week period if necessary. You do not need to get a new plate, or temporary registration before picking up the car, it's something you can do later anytime you like within the 2 weeks.

If you want a new plate it's another fee. If you want to cancel the old one they give you a refund for the unused time minus a transaction fee. Government sets the base fee that goes to them and maximum markup the registry can charge you. (of course never seen a registry who doesn't charge the maximum unless you negotiated it down for a bulk fleet deal) They even stopped giving you stickers to show the expiry date, it's just in the computer now. (driving into the USA some of the moron cops you have get confused on this point when you have old stickers from when they still did that)

Reactions: samori01