Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Eric, does your Tesla App show your appointment?
yes it does
1641871071703.png

I’m in SoCal so I’m hoping you do. Last AMD chip reported was in the Bay Area
I have a theory on Tesla's tactical offering of Trade-in.

Dec 3rd - they texted me asking for a trade-in, I provided them a VIN to look up
Dec 4th - they came back with an offer. It was $2k lower than the local kbb.com instant offer, I rejected it
Dec 5th - they came back with an offer with $100 more. I have left it ever since, Offer was expiring on Jan 08
Jan 09th - They emailed asking for an update mileage on the trade-in. I put it in, technically added only around 300 miles since Dec 3rd.
Point is, i'm expecting a significant lower offer tomorrow - as others have reported. So this may be their tactic to lower your trade-in value.
Jan 10th - BAM - VIN assigned.

So if you have a text asking for Trade-in, you're about a month out from getting your VIN since their offer is valid for 30 days. Either way, I'm going with local kbb.com instant offer.

Good luck to all other Augusters

Someone with VIN 354xxx just got an AMD equipped car Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen). What does your VIN start with?
There is nothing to be afraid of sharing VINs. All VINS in car parks are visible:) Anyway, my VIN is VIN 7SAYGDEEXNF355666, if that is of any help. Very few if any deliveries this week had AMD chips. I am not sure when all Tesla's will have AMD. It will be some time like February. What is your VIN?

Reactions: leaftoy
There is nothing to be afraid of sharing VINs. All VINS in car parks are visible:) Anyway, my VIN is VIN 7SAYGDEEXNF355666, if that is of any help. Very few if any deliveries this week had AMD chips. I am not sure when all Tesla's will have AMD. It will be some time like February. What is your VIN?
@Firocity my question was for @stillwaitingg I just realized he was the one who put the Model Y VIN part which every Model Y has initial characters.

Reactions: Firocity