Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm using, or was using Wells Fargo. I'm ok with another inquiry but I should have done cash from the beginning.
Also, it's funny I changed to cash this morning and this evening a SA texted to say they're preparing my order and will be contacting within my EDD to schedule delivery. Do you think that's a coincidence?
I think your time has come!

Reactions: MRuth85
Thanks! Mine is NF357xxx. Just texted my SA the whole VIN asking him if it’s AMD. But sounds like you guys have faster answer
I don't think anyone here does, yet. The theory that all 2022 built Ys will have Ryzen ended up being not true. Now no one knows. Going by what people posted based on their conversations with their SAs, one rumor says transition should be complete sometime in Feb and until then it is luck of the draw. There was also a post which said anything that is manufactured after Jan 11 will be all Ryzen. I don't think we will know until more reports come in.

A little update. Was told I needed to complete predelivery tasks, but didn’t show up in my app for about an hour or so after VIN email. Financing a portion, paying the rest. SA said to bring paperwork for financing with me to delivery appointment.
Plaid was super easy to use (kind of scary you can transfer that much money out of your account in a matter of SECONDS). One thing to note: if you use Plaid, make sure the money is in your checking account, not savings. Won’t connect to a savings account.
SA said the delivery window on your app is accurate once you set up payment. Said my Y was in Fremont and once it moves, I’ll get a notification to set a delivery date. Current EDD is 1/6-1/10. I’ll update more later for anyone interested!
My Tesla waiting game has finally come to an end. Since my last update and After three delivery dates and delays, I took delivery of my Y this afternoon. No Ryzen :(
This bothers me the most because I was hoping to future proof my purchase, and being at the tail end of an old chip kinda blows. The good news is that in every day tasks, the chip is up to the challenge. It isn’t until you try and load Hulu, Netflix, etc that it really slugs along. Most of us won’t be using these apps even 10% of the time so it isn’t the worst thing in the world. The good news is that the intel chip is the only bad thing I can think of. On to the good:
My Y was almost flawless. Other than a few black marks that were cleaned easily, panels were good, USB sockets worked, car was clean, I mean this thing was in pristine condition when I picked it up. Tesla has stepped their game up in the production department no question. I don’t think any of you should worry about receiving a shoddy car. MYne was great.
Waiting for the car hurts but as others have said, when you drive it off the lot that first time it’s all worth it. This really is an incredible car, and you all will enjoy it when you take delivery. There’s no question in my mind: this was a good purchase.

Good luck to all of you waiting. I’m pulling for you and will be here until every august order has been filled!

There is nothing to be afraid of sharing VINs. All VINS in car parks are visible:) Anyway, my VIN is VIN 7SAYGDEEXNF355666, if that is of any help. Very few if any deliveries this week had AMD chips. I am not sure when all Tesla's will have AMD. It will be some time like February. What is your VIN?
When did you get your VIN on 1/7? I swear my assigned vin on 1/7 looks like this but I dont think I saved mine :(
Had to place my order on hold. w/w, 5 seats, induction wheels though.

Reactions: eric.freeman
My Tesla waiting game has finally come to an end. Since my last update and After three delivery dates and delays, I took delivery of my Y this afternoon. No Ryzen :(
This bothers me the most because I was hoping to future proof my purchase, and being at the tail end of an old chip kinda blows. The good news is that in every day tasks, the chip is up to the challenge. It isn’t until you try and load Hulu, Netflix, etc that it really slugs along. Most of us won’t be using these apps even 10% of the time so it isn’t the worst thing in the world. The good news is that the intel chip is the only bad thing I can think of. On to the good:
My Y was almost flawless. Other than a few black marks that were cleaned easily, panels were good, USB sockets worked, car was clean, I mean this thing was in pristine condition when I picked it up. Tesla has stepped their game up in the production department no question. I don’t think any of you should worry about receiving a shoddy car. MYne was great.
Waiting for the car hurts but as others have said, when you drive it off the lot that first time it’s all worth it. This really is an incredible car, and you all will enjoy it when you take delivery. There’s no question in my mind: this was a good purchase.

Good luck to all of you waiting. I’m pulling for you and will be here until every august order has been filled!
Thanks for the update! Sorry about the chip, I know you wanted it. Really appreciate that you report the fit and finish was so good. That has been such an issue and a concern.

I've hit 2 more EDD windows in the past week and I've been pushed by a few days both times... (I've now successfully entered into 5 windows since November and have been pushed out the next morning) i am now on day 150 of wait 🥴

1/6-2/3
1/7-1/21 changed the morning of 1/8 to
1/10-1/22 changed the morning of 1/11 to
1/13-1/27 (im back to a full 2 week window)

Reactions: leaftoy
I've hit 2 more EDD windows in the past week and I've been pushed by a few days both times... (I've now successfully entered into 5 windows since November and have been pushed out the next morning) i am now on day 150 of wait 🥴

1/6-2/3
WOW, only 5? I have lost count of my EDDs. I just came back from September to yet another 28 days window, pushed back 3 days compared to the previous one. I was hoping to get a 14 days window as I came back from Septembe.

@Firocity my question was for @stillwaitingg I just realized he was the one who put the Model Y VIN part which every Model Y has initial characters.
I don’t think VIN matters for who is getting the AMD chip. I think it’s all about build date going forward. Just my opinion

WOW, only 5? I have lost count of my EDDs. I just came back from September to yet another 28 days window, pushed back 3 days compared to the previous one. I was hoping to get a 14 days window as I came back from Septembe.
If we are talking edds in general I've had 13 different sets of dates.
But like i said I've successfully hit and entered into 5 of the windows on time to be moved the next morning to a different day. Emotional Rollercoaster when you enter them thinking - this must mean something to be pushed the next morning, at least these pushes arent as bad as my Nov and December ones. 3 of the 5 edds that I've entered into on time have been 14 days or less. Hope you get your 14 day window, better yet - a vin soon.

Last edited:

1/6-2/3
Looks like they gave you my window and pushed me out. :)

• Funny
Reactions: in2survive
So how does one find their build date? Is build date when a car leaves the factory with the OK tag from Quality or some other date?
I was being a wise-guy. I don't think anyone knows the cutoff date. I've seen people say they get their build date from an SA, a DC person, and the general Tesla number when they give the person they talk to their VIN. Don't recall reading someone using the website chat, but that might be another way.